I was surprised when I read a compelling article here at BigBudsMag.com because it said that famed CNN television star, Chief Medical Reporter, and physician Dr. Sanjay Gupta had stopped being a medical marijuana enemy.
Dr. Gupta used to be one of many doctors who said marijuana had no medical value.
But recently, Dr. Gupta wrote a public apology stating marijuana was indeed good medicine, and then released a powerful pro-marijuana video report, it was a major breakthrough.
Here’s a summary of some of the important concepts from Gupta and others who tell the truth about medical marijuana:
- Medical marijuana provides unique relief of symptoms and diseases…relief pharmaceutical medicines cannot ever provide.
- Medical marijuana is safer than pharmaceutical medicines, including over-the-counter medicines, and it’s more effective.
- Marijuana breeders are creating marijuana strains that won’t get you high because those strains are low in THC, but high in another cannabinoid (cannabidiol, or CBD) that has medical effects such as reducing seizures.
- Marijuana enhances creativity, but if you use too much, it can reduce creativity.
- Marijuana impairs driving ability in novice users. In experienced users, it doesn’t have a negative effect on driving skills, and in some cases it increases driving safety.
- Marijuana has negative impacts on teenager’s brains, especially if they smoke large amounts of marijuana before they’re 16 years old.
- Marijuana has had verified medical benefits known hundreds of years ago, and marijuana was a prescription and over the counter medicine in America until it was criminalized by Congress at the request of money-motivated narcotics agents in 1937.
- Most doctors are reluctant to give prescriptions for marijuana, even in states like Colorado where marijuana is legalized for recreational and medical use. Physicians who prescribe marijuana are sometimes hassled by police and their communities.
- Marijuana saves people’s lives, but mainstream medical organizations and government agencies (heavily influenced by pharmaceutical companies and other drug war profiteers) still oppose it.
- Israel is home to a large portion of the world’s medical marijuana research community, and Israel has radically progressive medical pot policies that allow elderly patients and other patients to use medical marijuana.
- Marijuana can be “addictive” on a physiological and psychological level, especially if it is overused or early-used by young adults. However, the percentage of people who have addiction/dependence problems with marijuana is far lower than the percentage of people who have problems with alcohol, prescription drugs, and “illegal” substances.
- Marijuana helps military veterans and others suffering from PTSD, chronic pain, and other medical problems.
If you know anyone who opposes medical marijuana or just isn’t sure if it’s a legitimate medicine, please forward this article to them and ask them to watch the Dr. Sanjay Gupta video that originally appeared on CNN. Note: I had the Gupta marijuana video embedded in this article, but CNN had it taken down from YouTube.
There are no digital special effects or other deceptive tricks in Gupta’s convincing report. You see right before your very eyes how medical marijuana stops people’s hands from shaking, ends seizures, and saves lives.
I almost feel I’ve gotten high when I watch the Dr. Gupta report. He used to be a dishonest propagandist enemy of marijuana. Now he knows what we in the marijuana growing and using community already knew: marijuana is a miracle medicine.