Marijuana growers usually work in secret, even in legal marijuana states. But then we begin to wonder… is there a way for me to find legal weed jobs?
Yeah, that’s the ticket… a job just like a regular job, except it involves marijuana!
A job that gives me a paycheck and health insurance.
Legal weed jobs in which I don’t have to worry about getting busted.
Now that legal marijuana is a big-money success, especially in Colorado, Oregon, and Washington, many of us who grow marijuana or just love to use marijuana are wondering if we can come out of the underground and grow marijuana in legal weed jobs.
Instead of hiding with our marijuana plants in the basement and selling on the sly, can we have weed jobs growing for a medical or recreational dispensary in Colorado, Oregon, or Washington?
If you’re qualified, the answer is yes, legal weed jobs could be waiting for you to apply for right now.
Here’s a typical ad from a weed jobs website:
The Clinic – Denver, CO
The Clinic Colorado is currently hiring for an Assistant Grower to join the fast growing team! The Assistant Grower will assist the Grow team with the activities and operations of the Grow Department, while abiding by policies, procedures and operational guidelines. This position is responsible for assisting the Growers with all areas of the Grow operations
The responsibilities of the Assistant Grower include:
- Responsible for helping the Grow Department meet the production demand quantity and quality for the retail locations in accordance with The Clinic Marijuana Center’s mission, vision, goals, and objectives.
- Responsible for completing any work assigned to them during their scheduled shift, as well as information sharing:
- Maintain open communication with the management team and other co-workers
- Report employee issues or product situations
- Accurate information using METRC
- Provide any necessary support to the management team to ensure grow operations, including: daily activities, taking clones, potting, watering, transfers, maintenance, spraying, cleaning, harvesting as well as use and maintenance of flowering blocks, as assigned, trained and/or requested.
- Responsible for following all operational guidelines, verbal directives, training information and policies when performing duties.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Previous grow/laborer/cannabis experience preferred
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered, including internal experience.
- Colorado driver’s license or State ID card
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with any and all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
- Must obtain and retain a state-issued MED key badge
– Equal Opportunity Employer –
Job Type: Full-time
Local candidates only:
- Denver, CO
- Horticulture or Grow: 1 year
Required license or certification:
- MED Badge
As you can see, this isn’t a job where you hide out in a warehouse with a bunch of other risk-taking people clandestinely growing weed and retailing it.
It’s a real job in a real aboveground industry and it’s legal.
Here’s another one:
Our Site: Gradujuana
The Harvester is responsible for taking down, trimming and bucking the plants as requested. This position is responsible for maintaining a clean and sanitized workspace and for following all departmental and compliance protocols, to include green waste.
- Understands and follows the harvest process:
- Identifies correct plant
- Disconnects irrigation hose
- Keeps MITS tags
- Takes down plants
- Cuts stems into 3” increments, removes pots, and discards soil
- Keeps grow rooms clean and maintained
- Trims and bucks buds
- Runs and cleans Twister machine
- Keeps all areas clean and sanitized
- Follows compliance and green waste requirements
- Protects the quality of the product at all times
- Recognizes contamination – bugs, seeds, dirt, mold, – and handles them properly
- Cleans grow room for next harvest, including lights, when requested
- Cleans, sweeps and/or mops common work areas, harvest room
- Stays focused and on-task
- Cleans and maintains the tools and equipment
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be 21 years of age
- Must have no felonies at any time regarding the possession, distribution, or use of a controlled substance
- Must have a reliable form of transportation to be able to commute from various locations
- Continually exhibits honesty and integrity
- Ability to adapt to a changing industry and an expanding organization, and is open to new ideas and change
- Communicates effectively and efficiently
- Helps to create a positive working environment by dealing with stress in a positive manner
- Punctual and reliable
- Quick learner
- Possesses an eye for efficiency and detail
- Mental clarity and ability to focus
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Communicates effectively
- Ability to work in a fast paced and team oriented environment
- Ability to accept and quickly adapt to changes in procedures and workflow
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds
- Ability to bend, stand, or sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to do intricate work that requires full use of both hands
- Work will require exposure to bright lights
- No allergies to plants or plant environment
- Work can be dirty/sticky and may leave you smelling like cannabis at the end of the day
- Work will be in a warehouse setting: temperatures may vary from warm to cool
- Work environment may be loud
How to Apply
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Categories: Cultivation.
Job Types: Full-Time.
Job Tags: cannabis, dispensary, grow, grow house, harvester, retail, and trimmer.
Salary: 20,000 – 40,000.
Job States: Colorado.
Job expires in 27 days
Or how about this one, with a salary of $100,000 or more!
MUST be able to move to Las Vegas, Nevada
- Manage all agricultural operations of a 40,000 sq. foot greenhouse
- Manage employee crews as required to complete work
- Direct and coordinate worker activities such as: planting, irrigation, pesticide application, harvesting, grading, cloning and other related greenhouse projects.
- Brew, analyze, and apply compost teas
- Record information such as greenhouse management practices and operational reports
- Analyze, collect, and interpret soil, leaf and water samples
- Use data analytics to analyze and optimize environmental factors to maximize crop yield
- Monitor work activities to ensure adherence to safety regulations
- Display leadership, provide training and guidance, and promote teamwork within the labor force and other departments within
- Use horticultural inventory management software to keep track of all Inventory
- Requires an associate degree in greenhouse management or the related fields of technical agriculture; a bachelor’s degree in horticulture, plant sciences or agriculture is preferred
- Extension programs in greenhouse management is preferred
- Minimum 5 years working in greenhouse high-yield vegetable production
- Expert in horticulture, plant cultivation, integrated pest and disease control, and greenhouse technology
- Expertise in organic growing techniques with desire to grow vegan
- Expertise in compost tea brewing and analyses
- Experience in the safe operation and general maintenance of greenhouse tools and machinery
- Seed propagation and plant cloning experience
- Experience maintaining greenhouse records
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Entrepreneurial with an ability to be creative
How to Apply
Qualified applicants should send resumes to Matt.J.Clemens@gmail.com
Job Categories: Cultivation.
Job Types: Full-Time.
Job Tags: application, bud, cloning, compost, crop, flower, grading, greenhouse, grower, harvesting, horticulture, indoor, irrigation, Las Vegas leaf, marijuana, medicinal, Nevada, operations, organic, outdoor,pesticide, planting, soil, tea, and vegan.
Salary: 100,000 and above.
Job States: Nevada.
Job expires in 11 days
Maybe you’re not a good enough marijuana grower, or you just enjoy weed, or you want to work outside of an office or building.
There are weed jobs for budtenders, for delivery drivers, for marijuana harvesters, for people who make marijuana medibles and marijuana concentrates.
Take a look at just one legal weed jobs listing I found in five seconds:
Medical Cannabis Delivery Driver (SAN DIEGO)
Seeking responsible, reliable, and knowledgeable drivers for part-time MMJ delivery position. Must have a car that is in GOOD and RELIABLE working order and be available to work various weekdays or weekends as needed. These are flexible part-time positions to start and once fully trained full time can be an option, those who show the most promise will have the opportunity for limitless job growth!
Looking for candidates that have strong customer service skills, excellent written and verbal skills, preferably with a comfortable base of cannabis/ Medical Marijuana knowledge, and most importantly, a willingness to learn. Must be at least 21 years old, have a valid California Driver’s License, and a valid medical marijuana recommendation or willingness to get one.
- Reliable Vehicle
- Car Insurance
- California Driver License
- Clean Driving Record
- Pass a Criminal Background Check
- Excellent phone and written communication skills and a great attitude
- Valid medical marijuana recommendation from the state of California
- 21 Years Old (Preferred)
- Comfortable interacting with a wide range of people
- Knowledgeable about medicinal cannabis and able to speak professionally about it
- Familiar with San Diego County.
- Friendly, TRUSTWORTHY, Diligent/hardworking, team player, personable, caring, discreet, responsible, reliable, professional
- Computer and Smartphone literate
- Able to keep records and handle cash with accuracy
- Able to pitch in with various general office tasks when not driving
Please include in email communication for consideration:
- COVER LETTER
- TYPE OF VECHICLE YOU DRIVE
- A FEW CURRENT PHOTOS and/or Links to your social media to see unique personality each applicant
Qualified applicants will be scheduled for an interview. Get started in one of the fastest growing business sectors in the country!
*** Veterans are especially encouraged to apply.
Seeking a reliable professional (Female Preferred) who will represent one of the best established MMJ Delivery Services in San Diego. We are a Non-Profit 215 SB420 Collective Incorporated with the State of California.
- Answer patient calls
- New Patient Verification and Registration
- Taking patient questions and helping with patient orders
- Counting, tracking, and logging inventory
- Process New and Returning Patients
- Cleaning The Shop Daily
- Provide Patients with The Best Customer Service, Advising Each Patient with Their Specific Needs
- Keep up to date with Product Information and Use
- CA MMJ Recommendation
- 21 Years and older (Preferred)
- Strong Work Ethic, Trustworthy, Friendly, Motivated, Professionalism and a Positive Attitude
- Must be familiar with the Greater San Diego Area
- Positive references from past supervisors
- Reliable transportation. Valid CA Driver’s license & Insurance
- College degree or experience preferred
- MUST be able to pass a background check
- Knowledge of basic MMJ legal laws and rules
Apply by responding to the message with a copy of your cover letter, resume, 2-3 current photos and D.O.B.
Please also include links to your social media sites so we know you are a real person. This is a REAL job. If you are looking to hang out and smoke all day — this is NOT for You.
We are a fast paced non-profit Medical Marijuana Collective currently looking for fulltime and part-time Receptionists. Looking for candidates that feel strongly about MMJ with basic knowledge, who are willing to assist patients to best fit their needs along with creating a friendly and up-beat environment.
Prior experience is EXTREMELY beneficial but not required. We want volunteers who are willing to Learn, Grow, and Improve.
- Your availability
- Contact Info (Email, Phone number, etc)
HOW TO APPLY
***PART TIME AND FULL TIME POSITIONS OPEN…. ***ONLY APPLICANTS W/ ALL REQUESTED DOCUMENTS + PROFILE PHOTOS WILL BE CONSIDERED!!
Notice that in Colorado, depending on the legal weed jobs you’re going for, you’ll need a state marijuana industry occupational license or med badge.
This costs money, and involves paperwork and a background check.
The bottom line is if you have or can get experience growing marijuana, making medibles, making solvent hashish such as butane honey oil, making bubblehash, dry sift, or live resins, harvesting and trimming marijuana, or talking intelligently about marijuana strains, there are legal weed jobs waiting for you.
Even if you’re “just a stoner,” but you have clerical, accounting, office, bookkeeping and other skills that marijuana businesses need, you could find legal weed jobs.
There are even cannabis training universities where you can acquire marijuana growing knowledge and other skills so you too can get the legal weed jobs of your dreams!