Before he founded the international hydroponic nutrients company Advanced Nutrients, cannabis cultivator and innovator BigMike Straumietis used supplemental digestive enzymes such as lactase, bromelain and amylase to help his body digest food. Enzymes are naturally occurring biocatalysts essential to digestion and decomposition of organic materials. BigMike wondered if similar enzymes could also help his cannabis […]
Tag Archives | Water
The laundry list of cannabis cultivation slights against the environment is long and growing. With many stories in the media criticizing cannabis growers for needing too much water to irrigate their plants or too much energy to light and cool their grow ops, one could be forgiven for starting to believe that maybe the marijuana […]
Your marijuana plants need 18 essential nutrient elements or they won’t thrive, let alone survive. Through their roots they intake oxygen and water, and carbon dioxide from the air. Your cannabis also needs light energy that provides the intensity and appropriate wavelengths to grow big and healthy. However, there are 14 lesser-known fertilizer elements your […]
You might think that drooping leaves means that your plants are thirsty and aren’t getting enough water — but giving them more H2O might actually be doing more harm than good. Much like feeding, the right balance of watering volume and frequency is crucial for healthy plants, especially with young cannabis seedlings. While many growers […]
It’s no secret that we at Big Buds are big advocates of screen of green marijuana growing, better known as SCROG. So far we’ve given you the pros and cons of SCROG, plus the tools you’ll need to DIY your own setup. We also talked about Texas company Scrogger’s game-changing aboveground portable structure. Now, let’s […]
In our how to grow pot series for beginner marijuana growers, we talk about basics so you can grow your own weed right now. The minimum things you need to grow pot are: Excellent cannabis genetics (marijuana seeds or clones). Sunlight or an indoor grow light. Reverse osmosis water. A container or system that provides […]
- The Nitty-Gritty Of Why You Should Add Dissolved Oxygen To Water In Hydroponic And Peat-Based Cannabis Growing
- Hard Candy: What’s Happening With Washington’s Impending Ban On Weed-Infused Sweet Treats?
- Bucks Fizz: Marijuana Money Entices Coca-Cola And Pepsi
- Light Club: LED Grow Lights Now Outshining HID Grow Lights For Cannabis Growers
- Colombian Gold: Forget Canada, Could The Next Global Cannabis Leader Be Colombia?
- Get The Sleep Of Your Dreams With These Tried And Tested Nightly Cannabis Routines
- Canadian Marijuana Legalization: The Good, The Bad And The Ugly
- Mixed Greens: How To Grow More Than One Cannabis Strain At The Same Time