This year, on November 6, the US midterm elections will include cannabis legalization measures in a number of US states. Utah and Missouri will vote on medical marijuana legalization initiatives, and North Dakota and Michigan will decide on ballot measures for adult-use cannabis. There are also plenty of US Senate seats up for grabs — […]
Tag Archives | Trump administration
The Trump administration’s opposition to legal cannabis just got more intense. On Wednesday, August 29, BuzzFeed News revealed that the “White House has secretly amassed a committee of federal agencies from across the government to combat public support for marijuana and cast state legalization measures in a negative light, while attempting to portray the drug […]
On January 4, the US legal cannabis industry took a hit — however, it wasn’t the kind of hit we normally enjoy. Rather, it was a blow levied by ultra-conservative US Attorney General Jeff Sessions to a long-standing federal policy called the Cole Memorandum. The end of the Obama-era policy, written in 2013, means federal […]
The signs are everywhere, sometimes literally: billboards for dispensaries; baby boomers buying designer vape pens; edibles with packaging so glossy and mass-produced, it could almost be sold at Target. In the past 10 years, cannabis has enjoyed a major surge in social and political acceptance across the United States. A Harvard University-Harris poll released in […]
In the instant accessibility of today’s digital world, privacy is seen as a luxury and a commodity. And no group has voiced concerns over the threat of government monitoring more than the medical marijuana community. Since the inception of legalized medical cannabis in California with the Compassionate Use Act of 1996, or Proposition 215, claims […]
- From Doom To Bloom: How Medical Marijuana Helped One Girl Overcome Her Grand Mal Seizures
- This Session Is Over: What AG Sessions’ Ousting Means For The Cannabis Community
- The Truth About Veterans And Medical Marijuana
- Mexican Supreme Court Declares Cannabis Prohibition Unconstitutional: Is Legalization On The Horizon?
- A Tale Of Two Mikeys: Cannabis Kingpin BigMike Making Waves In LA With Mike Tyson
- Will Thailand Become The First Nation In Asia To Legalize Cannabis?
- Midterm Elections 2018: Weed Proves A Whopping Winner
- In Austria, The Hills Are Alive — With The Sound Of Marijuana Regulation Rollback