I used to feel that growing cannabis successfully and consuming large quantities of my own buds provided me a happy, fulfilling life that was well worth living. But in the past four years, I started to notice something. A feeling of being lost and anxious, at times despairing of life itself. I tried various self-help […]
Tag Archives | Tobacco
Hawaiian authorities dropped the hammer this week on the state’s medical marijuana patients, issuing letters to cardholders in Oahu to surrender their firearms within 30 days. The notice, signed by Honolulu Police Chief Susan Ballard, and posted by Leafly.com, read: “This letter is to inform you that under the provisions of the Hawaii Revised Statutes […]
Marijuana and magic mushrooms (psilocybin) are the safest and most widely used hallucinogenic drugs, according to an international survey involving hundreds of thousands of drug users issued by the Global Drugs Survey. The Global Drugs Survey (GDS) is a research organization that looks into use of “illegal” drugs including marijuana, but it’s not a drug […]
Take a nice, big hit off that joint or bong. Now hold in your hit of marijuana smoke for… how long? What’s the right amount of time to hold in marijuana smoke so you preserve lung health and get max high? It helps to know that a 2012 University of California San Francisco (UCSF) study discovered […]
The U.S. government doesn’t allow gun ownership by marijuana growers and users. That’s why the the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) has issued the following official statement: “Any person who uses or is addicted to marijuana, regardless of whether his or her state has passed legislation authorizing marijuana use for medicinal […]
In my previous two articles on marijuana and pregnancy, I pointed out that the war on marijuana and the war on women’s reproductive rights (including abortion) are linked. Women have been told that we can’t control our own bodies, prevent or terminate pregnancies, or use marijuana during pregnancy. In our most recent marijuana and pregnancy article, […]
In the first article in this series on marijuana and pregnancy (read here), I noted that cannabis has long been used by women to deal with the reproductive burden Nature has put on us. Marijuana and pregnancy go together well, because marijuana’s medical effects match the needs of many pregnant women, and women who have […]
- This Oregon Association Is Empowering Women To Become Successful Ganjapreneurs In Their Own Right
- A Roundhouse Kick To Roundup: Cannabis Community Backs Groundskeeper Who Took On Scotts And Won
- Is Medical Marijuana The Cure Bell’s Palsy Patients Have Been Waiting For?
- As The World Burns: What It’s Like Growing Cannabis During The Climate Crisis
- On The Streets Of Philadelphia, You’ll Be Less Likely To Get Busted For Weed
- Just Say Meh: What Happens When A Grower Goes To Marijuana Anonymous?
- Beers And Buds: Will Brewers Get The Crossfade Right?
- Fear And Self-Loathing: Growing Cannabis Strains That Have Antidepressant Effects