When you’ve been in the game for as long as I have, you repeatedly hear cannabis growers asking the same familiar question: Is it better to grow marijuana from clones or from seeds? Some growers insist on clones, while others stand behind seeds. If you want the most from your grow op, the real answer […]
Tag Archives | tobacco mosaic virus
Sea of green cannabis gardens are like clone forests. Have you ever hiked in a monoculture tree forest filled with thin lodgepole pines in uniform rows so dense you can barely walk between the trees — and it’s dark at the base of the trunks because little sunlight penetrates? That’s like a tree version of […]
I’ve been observing the differences in how growing marijuana clones and seedlings works for me. The benefits of clones include that you know exactly what strain of cannabis you’re going to be growing. Individual clones may not all grow exactly alike, but they’ll grow more alike than seedlings will, and they’ll all be female. If […]
In the first three articles in this series on marijuana viruses and other tough problems you face as a cannabis grower, we talked about serious problems that show up as leaf symptoms, slow growth, poor yields, and even plant death. In my grow room recently, I spent weeks dealing with tobacco mosaic virus (TMV) that would […]
As we’ve been examining how viruses such as Tobacco Mosaic Virus attack marijuana, and hearing from growers that viruses are an increasing problem in the marijuana community, we’re going in for a deeper look. One big reason is, a lot of growers think they have nutrients or grow room environment problems, but in some cases […]
In the first article in this series, I explained how mysterious problems suddenly appeared in my Jack Herer, White Widow, New York Sour Diesel, LA Confidential, Girl Scout Cookies, and Blackberry Kush marijuana plants. The first problem was slow growth and drooping leaves during veg phase. Then came mutated newer leaves, dark green foliage, shiny […]
- Want Your Cannabis Farm To Be Ecologically Beneficial? Try Regenerative Agriculture
- Oregon’s Cannabis Excess: What Are They Going To Do With All That Extra Stash?
- Growing Medical Marijuana As A Treatment For Parkinson’s Disease
- Scents & Sensibility: 10 Tricks For Cultivating Maximum Terpene Concentration In Your Cannabis
- Room Raider: Learn From One Unlucky Cannabis Grower How To Avoid A Police Raid
- Clean And Green: A Cannabis Grower’s Guide To Grow-Room Sanitation
- Patent Zero: If Big Business Continues To Pursue Cannabis Patents, What Will Happen To Small-Scale Growers And Breeders?
- Rick Scott Is Doing Everything He Can To Prevent Florida Patients From Smoking Medical Marijuana