Thirty years ago, indoor cannabis grow-light options were limited. We had high intensity discharge (HID) metal halide and high-pressure sodium bulbs, fluorescent bulbs, magnetic core and coil ballasts adapted from street lighting, and store-bought lighting products. None of it was designed or designated for horticulture, and certainly not for marijuana plants. These days, there are […]
Tag Archives | T5
We’ve had two previous articles about growing marijuana in Hawaii. We noted the Hawaii government legalized a pay to play system selling a total of eight government licenses giving each license holder the right to grow 6000 marijuana plants and retail cannabis products at two medical marijuana dispensaries. We also noted Hawaii is now the […]
When summer arrives, some indoor marijuana growers look at the cost and work of cooling their indoor marijuana grow rooms, and decide to stop growing until the hot weather is gone. Some of you transfer your grow efforts to outdoor marijuana growing, often at remote sites. But many of us look at our hydroponics grow […]
Most marijuana growers have heard UVA and UVB ultraviolet radiation increases production of THC, CBD, and other marijuana compounds. The indoor marijuana community has long realized we want lighting technology that produces plant-stimulating amounts of UVA and UVB. We also learned that a hydroponics bulb with the ability to deliver significant intensity of UV light […]
Marijuana growers are constantly trying new lighting techniques and technologies to maximize production and potency. It isn’t always true that the more light you give cannabis plants the better they do, but when you follow the strategies in this article, you’re guaranteed to see increased cannabis plant health, yields, and potency. The first step is […]
- Corona Beer Maker Goes In Big On Cannabis, With Another $4 Billion Investment In Canopy Growth
- Keep Cannabis Green: What To Do With Your Weed Wastewater So It Won’t Wound The World
- This Oregon Association Is Empowering Women To Become Successful Ganjapreneurs In Their Own Right
- A Roundhouse Kick To Roundup: Cannabis Community Backs Groundskeeper Who Took On Scotts And Won
- Is Medical Marijuana The Cure Bell’s Palsy Patients Have Been Waiting For?
- As The World Burns: What It’s Like Growing Cannabis During The Climate Crisis
- On The Streets Of Philadelphia, You’ll Be Less Likely To Get Busted For Weed
- Just Say Meh: What Happens When A Grower Goes To Marijuana Anonymous?