Much like all other life on Earth, cannabis evolved naturally — that is, until humans discovered its many uses and began breeding it to our desires. For thousands of years, people all over the world have cultivated this crop for food, fiber, medicine and fuel, and every single time they have planted a new seed, […]
Tag Archives | Strain Hunters
Cannabis mega-mergers continue to be forged at a stunning clip, as this week three highly influential names in legal weed combined forces to create a global marijuana monolith like no other. The triad includes US-based Organa Brands, Canadian group Canopy Growth Corporation, and Netherlands-based Green House Seed Company. The partnership will see the current leaders […]
Franco Loja, co-star of the legendary Strain Hunters video series and one of the best-loved members of the international cannabis research and cultivation community, passed away in early January. He was in the Democratic Republic of Congo making documentaries and doing cannabis genetics research when he died. Brain malaria is the suspected cause of death. […]
In a previous article about outdoor marijuana growing, we saw how selecting the right marijuana strains makes a big difference in how much bud you harvest outdoors. Depending on genetics, marijuana strains handle daylength, mites, powdery mildew, gray mold, drought, rain, heat, and other threats differently. What works well for an indoor hydroponics marijuana grower […]
- Want Your Cannabis Farm To Be Ecologically Beneficial? Try Regenerative Agriculture
- Oregon’s Cannabis Excess: What Are They Going To Do With All That Extra Stash?
- Growing Medical Marijuana As A Treatment For Parkinson’s Disease
- Scents & Sensibility: 10 Tricks For Cultivating Maximum Terpene Concentration In Your Cannabis
- Room Raider: Learn From One Unlucky Cannabis Grower How To Avoid A Police Raid
- Clean And Green: A Cannabis Grower’s Guide To Grow-Room Sanitation
- Patent Zero: If Big Business Continues To Pursue Cannabis Patents, What Will Happen To Small-Scale Growers And Breeders?
- Rick Scott Is Doing Everything He Can To Prevent Florida Patients From Smoking Medical Marijuana