Most savvy marijuana growers have heard of the high-yielding high intensity discharge (HID) lighting technology known as double-ended bulbs. You can view internet videos of bloom-phase grow rooms that utilize double-ended (DE) high-pressure sodium bulbs and environmental protocols in which yields exceed three pounds of dry weight buds per 1000-watt bulb. These impressive returns come […]
Tag Archives | Reflectors
In our ongoing series on how to grow pot, we’ve talked about basic equipment and materials, different growing systems, reverse osmosis water, selecting the right place for your indoor grow room, and other important topics. In this article, we talk about marijuana grow lights. We’re only going to talk this time about the most popular […]
High Intensity Discharge (HID) marijuana grow lights are still the primary grow light category used by serious home marijuana growers and professional growers worldwide. Cannabis cultivators use LEDs, fluorescent, CFL, light-emitting ceramic, or plasma lighting because they cut down on heat and on watts burned. But HID metal halide and high pressure sodium marijuana grow […]
Marijuana plant spacing for maximum production and plant health in your indoor garden is a serious topic we need to talk about right now. One factor affecting marijuana plant spacing is the differing ways reflectors, hoods, and various types of hydroponics bulbs affects the amount of square feet that have enough light intensity for your […]
How many pounds per light are you getting from your marijuana garden? Michael Straumietis, founder of hydroponics nutrients company Advanced Nutrients and a long-time cannabis grower and researcher, says you can grow 3+ pounds per light! Straumietis is so serious about helping you increase your yields and fix any grow op problems you might have […]
Other than potent cannabis genetics and a safe, environmentally-controlled place to grow marijuana, the most important thing marijuana growers need nearby is a good hydroponics store. I’ve grown marijuana in several states… some where it’s legal, some where it’s not. When I had a quality hydroponics store nearby, it was a big benefit to my […]
There’s an old saying that cleanliness is next to godliness. A grow room for marijuana holds true to that saying. By taking simple steps in maintaining a clean marijuana grow room you will reduce the risk of getting pests and disease while maintaining higher yields. Here are a few simple steps than can help you […]
- Hard Candy: What’s Happening With Washington’s Impending Ban On Weed-Infused Sweet Treats?
- Bucks Fizz: Marijuana Money Entices Coca-Cola And Pepsi
- Light Club: LED Grow Lights Now Outshining HID Grow Lights For Cannabis Growers
- Colombian Gold: Forget Canada, Could The Next Global Cannabis Leader Be Colombia?
- Get The Sleep Of Your Dreams With These Tried And Tested Nightly Cannabis Routines
- Canadian Marijuana Legalization: The Good, The Bad And The Ugly
- Mixed Greens: How To Grow More Than One Cannabis Strain At The Same Time
- The End Of An Era? Dutch Coffee Shop In Operation Since The ’70s May Be Shuttered Forever