California was the first state in the US to initiate medical marijuana regulation. It took cannabis activists many years to get Proposition 215, the Compassionate Use Act, on the ballot for voters to approve in the November 1996 electoral session. The legislation was authored collectively by “the father of medical marijuana” Dennis Peron; registered nurse […]
Tag Archives | Proposition 215
One of my closest grower friends tried to get registered in California’s Proposition 64 marijuana legalization and licensing scheme. He hired high-priced “compliance attorneys” and spent $17,000 trying to align his 10,000-watt grow op with state and local regulations associated with Prop. 64. At the same time, people he’d supplied marijuana to said they might […]
In the instant accessibility of today’s digital world, privacy is seen as a luxury and a commodity. And no group has voiced concerns over the threat of government monitoring more than the medical marijuana community. Since the inception of legalized medical cannabis in California with the Compassionate Use Act of 1996, or Proposition 215, claims […]
Ohio residents recently voted to overwhelmingly reject the Ohio “Issue 3” marijuana legalization constitutional amendment. I’ve been growing marijuana in rural Ohio for many years. Ohio has severe penalties for possessing, growing, and selling cannabis. And yet, like most Ohio marijuana growers and consumers, and the majority of Ohioans, I voted against Ohio Issue 3. […]
What happens if California voters “legalize” recreational marijuana via ballot initiative in 2016? Read our previous article detailing the California government’s planned approach to recreational marijuana legalization. You’ll see it sure as hell won’t be the kind of “legalization” most marijuana growers, processors, sellers, and users want! All you have to do is look at […]
As a medical marijuana patient, grower, and advocate in California, I can walk in to a drug store and buy non-marijuana over the counter or prescription medications that are almost guaranteed to injure me or kill me, even if I use them as directed. I can walk in to a Home Depot or pest control […]
- Hard Candy: What’s Happening With Washington’s Impending Ban On Weed-Infused Sweet Treats?
- Bucks Fizz: Marijuana Money Entices Coca-Cola And Pepsi
- Light Club: LED Grow Lights Now Outshining HID Grow Lights For Cannabis Growers
- Colombian Gold: Forget Canada, Could The Next Global Cannabis Leader Be Colombia?
- Get The Sleep Of Your Dreams With These Tried And Tested Nightly Cannabis Routines
- Canadian Marijuana Legalization: The Good, The Bad And The Ugly
- Mixed Greens: How To Grow More Than One Cannabis Strain At The Same Time
- The End Of An Era? Dutch Coffee Shop In Operation Since The ’70s May Be Shuttered Forever