Thirty years ago, indoor cannabis grow-light options were limited. We had high intensity discharge (HID) metal halide and high-pressure sodium bulbs, fluorescent bulbs, magnetic core and coil ballasts adapted from street lighting, and store-bought lighting products. None of it was designed or designated for horticulture, and certainly not for marijuana plants. These days, there are […]
Tag Archives | PowerVeg
In our ongoing series of articles on the screen of green marijuana growing technique, more commonly known as SCROG, we’ve seen that scrogging involves painstakingly pruning and bending plants in ways that temporarily damage and stress them out. Growers recognize that SCROG plants need quality nutrition delivered efficiently, plus bountiful amounts of horticultural lighting if […]
In our previous article on indoor marijuana grow lights, we focused on the most popular type: high intensity discharge (HID). There are three other types worth using, and today’s article focuses on two of them. The first type we’re discussing is T-5 high-output fluorescent. Growers who have tiny grow spaces or are unable to process […]
There are many opinions about how to germinate marijuana seeds. Some people advocate putting cannabis seeds in between two wet paper towels. Others say put them in a glass of water. Such methods force you to handle your seeds when they’ve just sprouted. The seeds have to be carefully plucked from the paper towels or […]
Marijuana flowering phase is the payoff phase for growers, and we’re giving you success secrets so you get bigger, more potent buds. Here we go… Control Temperature & Humidity: Lights-on grow room temperatures above 74F in grow rooms without added C02, and above 83F in grow rooms with added C02, make buds airy and poorly-formed. […]
We’ve had two previous articles about growing marijuana in Hawaii. We noted the Hawaii government legalized a pay to play system selling a total of eight government licenses giving each license holder the right to grow 6000 marijuana plants and retail cannabis products at two medical marijuana dispensaries. We also noted Hawaii is now the […]
Most marijuana growers have heard UVA and UVB ultraviolet radiation increases production of THC, CBD, and other marijuana compounds. The indoor marijuana community has long realized we want lighting technology that produces plant-stimulating amounts of UVA and UVB. We also learned that a hydroponics bulb with the ability to deliver significant intensity of UV light […]
- Corona Beer Maker Goes In Big On Cannabis, With Another $4 Billion Investment In Canopy Growth
- Keep Cannabis Green: What To Do With Your Weed Wastewater So It Won’t Wound The World
- This Oregon Association Is Empowering Women To Become Successful Ganjapreneurs In Their Own Right
- A Roundhouse Kick To Roundup: Cannabis Community Backs Groundskeeper Who Took On Scotts And Won
- Is Medical Marijuana The Cure Bell’s Palsy Patients Have Been Waiting For?
- As The World Burns: What It’s Like Growing Cannabis During The Climate Crisis
- On The Streets Of Philadelphia, You’ll Be Less Likely To Get Busted For Weed
- Just Say Meh: What Happens When A Grower Goes To Marijuana Anonymous?