When most cannabis growers breed new plants, they use one of two methods: Starting plants from seeds, or cloning a mother plant. Growing from seed can be time consuming and ineffective, with only a certain percentage of plants germinating. Seeds can also be unreliable. If they’re not feminized, they can turn out to be male, […]
Tag Archives | potency
As things currently stand, different states that have legalized adult-use cannabis have different requirements for how marijuana products must be labeled. A large part of the debate over labeling is related to portion control, with many policymakers and cannabis critics complaining that more potent marijuana products can cause people to be overly inebriated if they […]
Despite regulations having been passed and gleaming new licensed retail operations springing up all over the country, California in particular has been supporting the illegal cannabis trade for many states that still operate under prohibition laws. According to a study conducted by the Department of Food and Agriculture, in 2016 (the most recent year for […]
Whenever I urge caution and prudence in how much, how potent and how often people consume cannabis, I get accused of being a traitor to the advocacy movement, of siding with the drug warriors, and of spreading lies about weed. However, it’s written somewhere (in the Bible, I think?) that “the truth will set you […]
It almost goes without saying that cannabis is a plant that offers huge variety for consumers. Stroll into any dispensary in the world and you’ll find a wide range of cannabis strains — each with a different look, smell, taste and outcome. The strain is one of the biggest factors in determining people’s preferences when […]
Harvest represents the period of time when I consume the most cannabis. It’s an occupational hazard, because I need to test and grade the taste, cure, purity and high my new buds will provide me and my customers. This grading also helps me price my buds accurately, evaluate my cannabis strains, and detect cultivation problems […]
“So you want a strain with less potency,” says the woman in the driver’s seat next to me. It’s a statement that feels dangerously close to an accusation. She’s a marijuana delivery driver I know only as “The Hairdresser,” because nearly every time we meet, she indicates that she’s just come from a hair salon. […]
- The Nitty-Gritty Of Why You Should Add Dissolved Oxygen To Water In Hydroponic And Peat-Based Cannabis Growing
- Hard Candy: What’s Happening With Washington’s Impending Ban On Weed-Infused Sweet Treats?
- Bucks Fizz: Marijuana Money Entices Coca-Cola And Pepsi
- Light Club: LED Grow Lights Now Outshining HID Grow Lights For Cannabis Growers
- Colombian Gold: Forget Canada, Could The Next Global Cannabis Leader Be Colombia?
- Get The Sleep Of Your Dreams With These Tried And Tested Nightly Cannabis Routines
- Canadian Marijuana Legalization: The Good, The Bad And The Ugly
- Mixed Greens: How To Grow More Than One Cannabis Strain At The Same Time