In a move that’s generating intense alarm among hydroponics retailers and the cannabis grower community, Scotts Miracle-Gro is in the process of buying Sunlight Supply, the hydroponics distributor with a majority North American control of wholesale-supply grow lights, hydroponics nutrients, and gardening supplies. Scotts is reportedly shelling out $450 million for the acquisition of Sunlight […]
Tag Archives | oligopoly
Although cannabis is nonlethal and useful for so many purposes, the same “reefer madness” that initiated prohibition in the 1930s is used to justify consolidation of the small and collective farming model in the legalization era. This isn’t unfamiliar territory, considering most of the United States agriculture market and so many other American industries have […]
- Weed Wise: Top Toking Tips For Beginner Marijuana Consumers
- Want Your Cannabis Farm To Be Ecologically Beneficial? Try Regenerative Agriculture
- Oregon’s Cannabis Excess: What Are They Going To Do With All That Extra Stash?
- Growing Medical Marijuana As A Treatment For Parkinson’s Disease
- Scents & Sensibility: 10 Tricks For Cultivating Maximum Terpene Concentration In Your Cannabis
- Room Raider: Learn From One Unlucky Cannabis Grower How To Avoid A Police Raid
- Clean And Green: A Cannabis Grower’s Guide To Grow-Room Sanitation
- Patent Zero: If Big Business Continues To Pursue Cannabis Patents, What Will Happen To Small-Scale Growers And Breeders?