Northern California fires. Hurricane Irma. Hurricane Harvey. Hurricane Maria. Not to mention all the tropical storms and subsequent floods that hurt many marijuana growers this year alone. Heartbreaking numbers of grow ops were wiped out, and in some worst-case scenarios, growers even lost their homes and loved ones. These catastrophes have led growers to ask […]
Tag Archives | Northern California
For Mendocino County black market marijuana grower R.T., the devastating wildfires consuming California, from Orange County to Mendocino and Butte counties, couldn’t have come at a worse time. His outdoor marijuana crop near Redwood Valley, planted in a terraced pattern on a hillside, along with a hut, his water tank, irrigation tubing, vehicle, guns, fertilizers, […]
When it comes to Northern California’s prolific outdoor marijuana grower community, September and October represent big payoff months. And legendary seed breeder Subcool of TGA Genetics has been touring legal cannabis gardens as they ripen. Subcool is fortunate to live near the southern edge of NorCal’s famed Emerald Triangle weed-growing region, which comprises Mendocino, Humboldt […]
Making marijuana brownies has been popular for decades, and I get hungry just thinking about them. Back in the day, when it came to cooking with marijuana, you put cannabis into butter or a food oil such as coconut oil, heated the mixture for several hours at 180°F, strained it, and used the butter or […]
Any time you’re transporting marijuana, you risk getting busted by highway police. Highway police profiling and drug interdiction zones account for a significant percentage of the hundreds of thousands of marijuana arrests that occur every year in America. Part of the threat comes from the government’s designation of “High Intensity Drug Trafficking Areas” (HIDTA) that […]
BigBudsMag.com for many years has been reporting that home marijuana growers, sometimes known as black market marijuana growers, feel there are plusses and minuses of marijuana “legalization.” We all want the police, courts, and governments to let us grow and sell marijuana in an open market. But what we’ve seen in marijuana legalization states, especially […]
Outdoor marijuana season is in its final and most important phase in most parts of North America. The BigBudsMag.com team extends its sympathy to outdoor marijuana growers in Northern California, especially Lake County, where wildfires have consumed thousands of marijuana plants and dozens of indoor grow ops… along with homes, businesses, and other valuable property. […]
- Weed Wise: Top Toking Tips For Beginner Marijuana Consumers
- Want Your Cannabis Farm To Be Ecologically Beneficial? Try Regenerative Agriculture
- Oregon’s Cannabis Excess: What Are They Going To Do With All That Extra Stash?
- Growing Medical Marijuana As A Treatment For Parkinson’s Disease
- Scents & Sensibility: 10 Tricks For Cultivating Maximum Terpene Concentration In Your Cannabis
- Room Raider: Learn From One Unlucky Cannabis Grower How To Avoid A Police Raid
- Clean And Green: A Cannabis Grower’s Guide To Grow-Room Sanitation
- Patent Zero: If Big Business Continues To Pursue Cannabis Patents, What Will Happen To Small-Scale Growers And Breeders?