A bumper sticker on the minivan parked beside Marla D.’s house sums up the local political leanings in her upscale neighborhood. It reads: “I’m Catholic and I Vote.” Like most bumper-sticker proclamations, the message is simultaneously a pronouncement of steadfast personal beliefs and a stern warning to would-be offenders who might flout the moral rules. […]
Tag Archives | non-psychoactive
She is a former US Air Force veteran, police officer and college professor. But now Burnetta “Bee” Thomas is set to be crowned the new queen of the cannabis industry and potentially the first African-American woman to make a multimillion-dollar fortune from her marijuana-based business. Hailing from Wisconsin, Thomas built cannabidiol (CBD) business Hemplogica from […]
If there’s one thing the internet is good for, it’s delivering a plethora of theories linking Jesus with weed. Though there’s no definitive evidence that JC liked to get lit, the idea is certainly a fun one to entertain. There’s a reasonably strong argument to be made that the anointing oil Jesus used when curing […]
We all know about the beloved active chemical compound tetrahydrocannabinol, more commonly known as THC. It’s an amazing painkiller and appetite stimulant that can encourage a feeling of calm in those who partake. It can also give you a sense of euphoria, sedation and drowsiness in the form of that familiar psychoactive high. However, cannabis […]
When it comes to strain selection, seasoned cannabis aficionados tend to be particular and deliberate in their choices, regardless of THC levels. Many medical marijuana patients know that THC isn’t the only component required to produce the strongest effects, or even maintain a long-lasting, high-intensity buzz if that’s all you’re after. Although THC remains a […]
A curious bit of weed-related news hit the AP wire earlier this month that should have raised more eyebrows than it actually did. “$80M worth of pot seized, Chinese nationals suspected.” Oddly, the newsflash about the seizure in Washington state didn’t seem to register so much as a national facial tic from newsreaders anaesthetized by […]
In 2015, Colombia legalized medical marijuana — but it’s actually been legal to cultivate up to 20 plants for personal use since Law 30 was enacted in 1986. President Juan Manuel Santos signed the medical marijuana bill into law two years ago, with the Ministry of Health and Social Protection responsible for writing regulations and […]
- This Oregon Association Is Empowering Women To Become Successful Ganjapreneurs In Their Own Right
- A Roundhouse Kick To Roundup: Cannabis Community Backs Groundskeeper Who Took On Scotts And Won
- Is Medical Marijuana The Cure Bell’s Palsy Patients Have Been Waiting For?
- As The World Burns: What It’s Like Growing Cannabis During The Climate Crisis
- On The Streets Of Philadelphia, You’ll Be Less Likely To Get Busted For Weed
- Just Say Meh: What Happens When A Grower Goes To Marijuana Anonymous?
- Beers And Buds: Will Brewers Get The Crossfade Right?
- Fear And Self-Loathing: Growing Cannabis Strains That Have Antidepressant Effects