In 2007, my husband Raul and I decided to leave our corporate jobs behind and buy an organic farm. Feeling unfulfilled with the drudgery that comes with sitting behind a desk, day after day, we left the daily grind of California and bought an 18-acre farm in the interior of the Caribbean island of Puerto […]
Tag Archives | migraine
Matzo balls are an Ashkenazi Jewish dumpling made from matzo meal, fat, eggs and water, served in a chicken broth. It’s a staple soul food that’s consumed during Passover and Hanukkah equally, for Friday sabbath — and, really, anytime someone is feeling under the weather, especially during the cold and flu season of winter. Matzo […]
Believe it or not, fruitcake dates back to ancient Rome, where pomegranate seeds and pine nuts were mixed into barley mash with raisins. As the recipe began to spread around the world, other ingredients found their way into the recipe, such as honey, spices and preserved fruit. Fruitcakes began to take hold of Europe as […]
Traditional African peanut stew, or groundnut stew, is a hearty soup made from peanuts and local indigenous ingredients. This flavorful dish can vary in consistency of the broth, from thick and creamy to a thin quality, depending on what part of the African continent it originates from. It can contain fish, beef, chicken, lamb or […]
An intense throbbing headache, distorted vision, extreme nausea, exhaustion and sensitivity to stimuli like light, sound or touch; there are few things as instantly debilitating as a migraine headache. This excruciating condition is the third most prevalent illness in the world and, according to the Migraine Research Foundation, affects 12 percent of the population — […]
- Want Your Cannabis Farm To Be Ecologically Beneficial? Try Regenerative Agriculture
- Oregon’s Cannabis Excess: What Are They Going To Do With All That Extra Stash?
- Growing Medical Marijuana As A Treatment For Parkinson’s Disease
- Scents & Sensibility: 10 Tricks For Cultivating Maximum Terpene Concentration In Your Cannabis
- Room Raider: Learn From One Unlucky Cannabis Grower How To Avoid A Police Raid
- Clean And Green: A Cannabis Grower’s Guide To Grow-Room Sanitation
- Patent Zero: If Big Business Continues To Pursue Cannabis Patents, What Will Happen To Small-Scale Growers And Breeders?
- Rick Scott Is Doing Everything He Can To Prevent Florida Patients From Smoking Medical Marijuana