Most of us who grow marijuana focus on one of the plant’s many exclusive compounds—THC—to get the high and potency we want. But medical marijuana growers and users have recently started focusing on other cannabinoids, such as cannabidiol (CBD) and cannabinol (CBN). These two cannabinoids won’t get you high, but they influence the effects of […]
Tag Archives | Michael Straumietis
Nearly 20 years ago, I was a teenager and beginner marijuana grower at a hydroponics store near Vancouver, Canada. It was my first visit to that particular hydroponics store and I was looking for marijuana growing guidance, fertilizers, and equipment. There were dozens of other hydroponics stores in the area, and I’d been to all […]
Hydroponics coco coir for marijuana growers is almost as popular as rockwool, peat-based soilless mixes (such as Pro-Mix), and soil. You can cleanse and re-use coco coir. Coco coir even when saturated still has space for oxygen and aeration. This makes it less likely your marijuana roots suffer from oxygen-deprivation and overwatering effects. What’s more, […]
Like most marijuana growers, I was ecstatic when I heard in 2005 that Showtime was debuting a television show called Weeds centered on a suburban mom who sold and grew marijuana. Now here we are in the seventh season, and so much has changed for Weeds, not all of it for the better. But first […]
- The Nitty-Gritty Of Why You Should Add Dissolved Oxygen To Water In Hydroponic And Peat-Based Cannabis Growing
- Hard Candy: What’s Happening With Washington’s Impending Ban On Weed-Infused Sweet Treats?
- Bucks Fizz: Marijuana Money Entices Coca-Cola And Pepsi
- Light Club: LED Grow Lights Now Outshining HID Grow Lights For Cannabis Growers
- Colombian Gold: Forget Canada, Could The Next Global Cannabis Leader Be Colombia?
- Get The Sleep Of Your Dreams With These Tried And Tested Nightly Cannabis Routines
- Canadian Marijuana Legalization: The Good, The Bad And The Ugly
- Mixed Greens: How To Grow More Than One Cannabis Strain At The Same Time