After years of being in front of the camera — with hit movies like Hairspray and her own titular daytime TV talk show — Ricki Lake has turned her attention behind the scenes, creating groundbreaking documentaries with her producing partner, director Abby Epstein. After tackling the birth industry and breastmilk, Lake and Epstein have set […]
Tag Archives | Marijuana Tax Act
Historically, anti-cannabis campaigns have targeted people of color. Nearly a hundred years ago, prohibition was racialized initially against Mexican immigrants, following the Mexican Revolution of 1910 when a wave of newcomers headed north and cannabis became associated with Hispanic migrants. Despite claims these immigrants “introduced” the plant to the United States, there were many people […]
There’s been no better time than now to get involved with hemp agribusiness in the United States. According to advocacy group Vote Hemp’s 2017 US Hemp Crop Report, nearly 25,000 acres of hemp have been grown in 19 states this year alone. That’s almost triple the number of what was grown — less than 10,000 […]
- This Session Is Over: What AG Sessions’ Ousting Means For The Cannabis Community
- The Truth About Veterans And Medical Marijuana
- Mexican Supreme Court Declares Cannabis Prohibition Unconstitutional: Is Legalization On The Horizon?
- A Tale Of Two Mikeys: Cannabis Kingpin BigMike Making Waves In LA With Mike Tyson
- Will Thailand Become The First Nation In Asia To Legalize Cannabis?
- Midterm Elections 2018: Weed Proves A Whopping Winner
- In Austria, The Hills Are Alive — With The Sound Of Marijuana Regulation Rollback
- The Therapeutic Benefits Of Cannabis In Overcoming Clinical Endocannabinoid Deficiency