Michigan is considered the second largest medical marijuana market in the United States, hot on the heels of California, and is expected to soon become a $700 million industry. This year marks 10 years since medical marijuana laws were established in the state, and in July the first cannabis licenses were issued to four large […]
Tag Archives | Legislation
On Thursday, June 7, United States senators Elizabeth Warren — a Democrat from Massachusetts — and Cory Gardner — a Republican from Colorado — announced the Strengthening the Tenth Amendment Through Entrusting States (STATES) Act. This is the first ever bipartisan legislation in Congress to protect states legalizing cannabis. A companion bill in the House […]
Although the Cornhusker State borders the Centennial State, Nebraska isn’t nearly on the same page as Colorado when it comes to sensible cannabis policy. Back in December 2014, Nebraska and Oklahoma attempted to sue Colorado for its cannabis policing, claiming in the lawsuit that “the State of Colorado has created a dangerous gap in the […]
Attorney General Jeff Sessions has announced his plans to rescind the Cole Memorandum, an Obama-era policy that helped prevent federal authorities from pursuing cannabis-related offenses in states where the plant has been legalized for medicinal and/or recreational purposes. This move from the conservative former senator for Alabama will essentially create an open door for federal […]
There’s been no better time than now to get involved with hemp agribusiness in the United States. According to advocacy group Vote Hemp’s 2017 US Hemp Crop Report, nearly 25,000 acres of hemp have been grown in 19 states this year alone. That’s almost triple the number of what was grown — less than 10,000 […]
It was a police raid that first turned Jules Stobbs and Myrtle Clarke into cannabis activists. In 2010, law enforcement officers raided the home shared by British naval officer-turned-greensman Stobbs, and art director Clarke, where they found dagga, as the herb is commonly known in South Africa. Because the amount exceeded 115 grams, the two […]
- Corona Beer Maker Goes In Big On Cannabis, With Another $4 Billion Investment In Canopy Growth
- Keep Cannabis Green: What To Do With Your Weed Wastewater So It Won’t Wound The World
- This Oregon Association Is Empowering Women To Become Successful Ganjapreneurs In Their Own Right
- A Roundhouse Kick To Roundup: Cannabis Community Backs Groundskeeper Who Took On Scotts And Won
- Is Medical Marijuana The Cure Bell’s Palsy Patients Have Been Waiting For?
- As The World Burns: What It’s Like Growing Cannabis During The Climate Crisis
- On The Streets Of Philadelphia, You’ll Be Less Likely To Get Busted For Weed
- Just Say Meh: What Happens When A Grower Goes To Marijuana Anonymous?