It pains me to admit that within the cannabis industry, I’ve seen people do many terrible things to one another. Until the arrival of statewide and nationwide legalization, such as that of California and Canada, our industry was an unregulated anarchist black market, attracting a high percentage of reckless people who don’t play by any […]
Tag Archives | Legalize
Both Massachusetts and Nevada voted to legalize recreational sales of cannabis in November 2016. Twelve months after the first retail marijuana stores began sales in Nevada, the state’s 61 dispensaries are on pace to sell upward of $410 million in cannabis products. The Nevada tax department has taken in more than $55 million in revenue […]
Valentine’s Day marks an occasion filled with saccharine Hallmark cards and the overcapitalization of love. The dispensary I worked at opened its business to recreational cannabis consumers on Valentine’s Day of this year. The line to purchase weed was so long that it stretched out the front door and wrapped around the building. The reactions […]
How do you describe a High Times Cannabis Cup to a 62-year-old from the Midwest who’s never smoked pot? After a few feeble attempts describing chilled-out scenes and surreal moments viewing pounds of marijuana that in many US states would equal jail time, it felt best to let experience be the guide. So, on a […]
The Green Mountain State is about to get a whole lot greener. Vermont has become the first state to legalize cannabis through the state legislature rather than citizen referendum on an election ballot. On January 10, Vermont legislature approved a bill to legalize recreational cannabis, making it the third New England state and overall ninth […]
In 2015, Colombia legalized medical marijuana — but it’s actually been legal to cultivate up to 20 plants for personal use since Law 30 was enacted in 1986. President Juan Manuel Santos signed the medical marijuana bill into law two years ago, with the Ministry of Health and Social Protection responsible for writing regulations and […]
- This Oregon Association Is Empowering Women To Become Successful Ganjapreneurs In Their Own Right
- A Roundhouse Kick To Roundup: Cannabis Community Backs Groundskeeper Who Took On Scotts And Won
- Is Medical Marijuana The Cure Bell’s Palsy Patients Have Been Waiting For?
- As The World Burns: What It’s Like Growing Cannabis During The Climate Crisis
- On The Streets Of Philadelphia, You’ll Be Less Likely To Get Busted For Weed
- Just Say Meh: What Happens When A Grower Goes To Marijuana Anonymous?
- Beers And Buds: Will Brewers Get The Crossfade Right?
- Fear And Self-Loathing: Growing Cannabis Strains That Have Antidepressant Effects