Nevada has a unique cannabis scene that is contextually apt, considering its long and storied history of the legalization (and taxation) of activities shunned in other parts of the world. Bearing down closer and closer to the casinos, in 2017, just a few months after recreational sales began, the shops was raking in an average […]
Tag Archives | Las Vegas
As the doors of the Las Vegas Convention Center opened for MJBizCon 2017, the monthslong drum roll for the cannabis industry’s largest-ever trade show came to a deafening head. Growers, investors and a variety of service providers swarmed the exhibit hall, creating traffic jams through the maze of more than 650 exhibits. We had conveyed […]
Despite marijuana legalization, the war on drugs continues. For example, a U.S. federal prosecutor threatened to bust the recent High Times Cannabis Cup in Las Vegas if people possessed or consumed marijuana– even though possession and use of marijuana is legal in Nevada. The federal prosecutor also threatened the Native American tribe that was hosting […]
UPDATE: AMENDMENT 2 ON THE FLORIDA, 2014 BALLOT WAS DEFEATED DUE TO LOBBYING MONEY FROM DONALD TRUMP-BACKER SHELDON ADELSON. THE SAME MEASURE IS ON THE BALLOT AGAIN IN 2016. This November, 2014m a Florida medical marijuana ballot initiative (Amendment 2, it’s called) is up for a vote. Florida Governor Rick Scott (a right-wing Medicare fraudster) […]
- Hard Candy: What’s Happening With Washington’s Impending Ban On Weed-Infused Sweet Treats?
- Bucks Fizz: Marijuana Money Entices Coca-Cola And Pepsi
- Light Club: LED Grow Lights Now Outshining HID Grow Lights For Cannabis Growers
- Colombian Gold: Forget Canada, Could The Next Global Cannabis Leader Be Colombia?
- Get The Sleep Of Your Dreams With These Tried And Tested Nightly Cannabis Routines
- Canadian Marijuana Legalization: The Good, The Bad And The Ugly
- Mixed Greens: How To Grow More Than One Cannabis Strain At The Same Time
- The End Of An Era? Dutch Coffee Shop In Operation Since The ’70s May Be Shuttered Forever