It almost goes without saying that cannabis is a plant that offers huge variety for consumers. Stroll into any dispensary in the world and you’ll find a wide range of cannabis strains — each with a different look, smell, taste and outcome. The strain is one of the biggest factors in determining people’s preferences when […]
Tag Archives | landrace
When you’ve been in the game for as long as I have, you repeatedly hear cannabis growers asking the same familiar question: Is it better to grow marijuana from clones or from seeds? Some growers insist on clones, while others stand behind seeds. If you want the most from your grow op, the real answer […]
In the heady days of the US cannabis industry during the 1960s and ’70s, most marijuana consumed in North America came from Mexico. One of the most popular Mexican imports was Oaxacan (pronounced woe-ha-kin) Highland Gold, a pure sativa grown in the highlands of the state of Oaxaca, located in southern Mexico, not far from […]
Have you noticed strain names slowly disappearing from labels on the dispensary shelves? If you haven’t, you better believe there’s a new movement afoot. It’s a shift to decommission genetic lineage from product packaging, transforming your favorite strains from their usual indica, sativa, hybrid classifications into more horticulturally ambiguous consumer products. Forget Sour Diesel and […]
Among the landrace marijuana strains popularized in the 1980s, few are as famous as White Widow, the resinous lady known for her frosty buds and penetrating high. White Widow was the rock star of marijuana growing and selling in the 1990s, the same way strains like Blue Dream, Girl Scout Cookies and OG Kush are […]
If you’ve started growing marijuana in the past 10 years, chances are you’re growing strains that are vastly different to the foundational strains from which modern hybrids were bred. When hippies began leading the resurgence of cannabis culture in the West at the start of the 1960s, the few adventurers who gathered landrace strains sourced […]
Marijuana seed breeding is fun and can be very profitable if you do it right. I was surprised to find online the entire text of Greg Green’s “The Cannabis Breeder’s Bible” and the other major seed breeding book—Robert Connell Clarke’s “Marijuana Botany.” Read together, these two books tell you all you need to know about […]
- Weed Wise: Top Toking Tips For Beginner Marijuana Consumers
- Want Your Cannabis Farm To Be Ecologically Beneficial? Try Regenerative Agriculture
- Oregon’s Cannabis Excess: What Are They Going To Do With All That Extra Stash?
- Growing Medical Marijuana As A Treatment For Parkinson’s Disease
- Scents & Sensibility: 10 Tricks For Cultivating Maximum Terpene Concentration In Your Cannabis
- Room Raider: Learn From One Unlucky Cannabis Grower How To Avoid A Police Raid
- Clean And Green: A Cannabis Grower’s Guide To Grow-Room Sanitation
- Patent Zero: If Big Business Continues To Pursue Cannabis Patents, What Will Happen To Small-Scale Growers And Breeders?