One of the basic decisions you’ll make as a cannabis grower is whether to cultivate one strain, or multiple strains together at the same time. Ultimately, your decision will be based on whether you grow from seeds, clones, feminized seeds or non-feminized seeds. Especially in licensed commercial grow ops, growers want plants that are uniform […]
Tag Archives | Kush
Full disclosure: I’m a cannabis nerd. I geek out over every element of cultivation, from the science of growing to how the ways in which you cultivate particular strains can produce such diverse and staggering effects. And it’s through my own independent plant science research into how environmental and crop inputs affect the production of […]
Late in the 1990s, Eric Tamarac recalls smoking a joint that he says changed everything. “It had this taste and high that was different from all the other stuff out there,” he remembers. “You knew this was clearly a cut above the rest.” It was a time when very few cannabis consumers gave much of […]
Compared to growing cannabis from clones, seeds offer a unique set of advantages and disadvantages. As a grower, my goal is to always get ultimate high performance from my plants, from start to finish. I want them growing as fast as possible, ready for bloom phase as early as possible, with a survival rate of […]
Being a good neighbor is something everyone should strive for, whether a cannabis grower or not. But of course, when you’re growing cannabis, being a considerate and likable neighbor behooves you even more. If your grow is legal, you want to make a good impression for the sake of the industry. And if your grow […]
Once upon a time, when a cannabis strain was described as indica or sativa, we used to be talking about the strain’s genetic and geographic origins. But in today’s brave new cannabis world, the focus has shifted to marijuana genetics — that is, a world in which hybridized breeding has combined genetics from diverse types […]
For years I’ve bred extremely potent cannabis strains, with THC percentages sometimes clocking in at higher than 25 percent. And I’ll be the first to admit that I can’t take more than one or two inhalations of vaped cannabis before I’m as high as a kite. The strains I’ve worked tirelessly to breed are crippling […]
Cannabis growers in Europe often labor under harsher anti-drug laws and less favorable environmental conditions than growers in the legalized states of the USA and post-prohibition Canada. And yet, our friends across the pond are breeding and growing spectacular cannabis strains. Indeed, many exceptional European varieties of cannabis are unheard of in North America, but […]
- Simply Silica: How Adding Silica To Your Grow Op Will Help You Cultivate Bigger, Better Buds
- La Vita Alta: What’s Happening With The Changing Face Of Cannabis In Italy?
- The Nitty-Gritty Of Why You Should Add Dissolved Oxygen To Water In Hydroponic And Peat-Based Cannabis Growing
- Hard Candy: What’s Happening With Washington’s Impending Ban On Weed-Infused Sweet Treats?
- Bucks Fizz: Marijuana Money Entices Coca-Cola And Pepsi
- Light Club: LED Grow Lights Now Outshining HID Grow Lights For Cannabis Growers
- Colombian Gold: Forget Canada, Could The Next Global Cannabis Leader Be Colombia?
- Get The Sleep Of Your Dreams With These Tried And Tested Nightly Cannabis Routines