Madrone Stewart wants to debunk the sexist notion that only men can grow cannabis. Her forthcoming guide, Feminist Weed Farmer: Growing Mindful Medicine in Your Own Backyard, teaches the basics of home growing through a feminist lens. “The majority of the contemporary US cannabis industry does not embody the principles and values of feminism, environmentalism, […]
Tag Archives | horticulture
What’s in a name? When it comes to the title of cannabis Master Grower, the answer is not instantly discernible. Its implication, clearly, is one who has mastered the art of growing cannabis. But what qualifies one as a master? Is it a level of formal education? A degree conferred from an institution of higher […]
The shift is coming. As of January 1, recreational cannabis will be legal in California, the most populous state in the USA. While projections flutter for every part of the cannabis industry, the new recreational user has a choice: Buy at the local dispensary, or grow at home. For some it may be a no-brainer […]
- Anti-Cannabis Crusaders Claim Marijuana Grow Ops Are Like Meth Labs. Say What Now?
- National Pleasure: Largest Study About Weed And Sex Is Coming
- In Colorado, Pot Is Prospering — Which Could Mean A Big Win For Affordable Housing
- Good Medicine: These CBD Medical Marijuana Strains Will Boost Your Grow — And Your Bank Balance
- Women And Weed: Madrone Stewart Tells Us Why Growers Don’t Have To Be Guys
- Marinol Vs. Marijuana: Are Synthetic Forms Of Cannabis More Effective At Pain Management Than The Real Thing?
- Pot Price Drop? What’s Behind The Varied Cost Of Your Weed?
- O Mother, Where Art Thou? Mothers Still Frequently Incarcerated For Nonviolent Cannabis-Related Crimes