Cannabis cultivators have long been concerned by agrochemical corporation Monsanto, not least of all because of its business partnership with lawn care company Scotts Miracle-Gro. And when San Francisco jurors last Friday ordered Monsanto to pay $289 million in damages to former school groundskeeper and pest control manager Dewayne Johnson, cannabis growers and environmentalists everywhere […]
Tag Archives | GW Pharmaceuticals
A bumper sticker on the minivan parked beside Marla D.’s house sums up the local political leanings in her upscale neighborhood. It reads: “I’m Catholic and I Vote.” Like most bumper-sticker proclamations, the message is simultaneously a pronouncement of steadfast personal beliefs and a stern warning to would-be offenders who might flout the moral rules. […]
As the cannabis industry merges its hoodies and Carhartts with three-piece suits and Brooks Brothers loafers, a steady bass beat of IPOs is currently sounding like music to investors’ ears. And for those marijuana companies debuting on US stock markets, like the New York Stock Exchange or Nasdaq, it is effectively signaling to the world […]
In 1761, Great Britain’s King George III ordered American colonists to plant more cannabis seeds. At the time, cannabis hemp was a staple crop in the fledgling colonies, and 80–90 percent of all clothing and paper was made from cannabis hemp fiber. Colonial farmers such as George Washington and Thomas Jefferson grew tens of thousands […]
The marijuana industry– seeds, hydroponics nutrients, grow gear, grow shops, growers, retailers– is facing a big threat from some of the worst multinational corporations. Here’s the inside story: Bayer, Monsanto, Scotts Miracle-Gro, Gavita, General Hydroponics, Botanicare Bayer, an international corporation with majority control of agricultural, pharmaceuticals, health, and veterinary products markets, just spent billions of […]
Here’s a book so useful for marijuana growers it ought to be in a glass case in your marijuana grow room marked: “Open in Emergency.” This three-author cannabis book is co-written by two guys who are successful marijuana businessmen and researchers. The other co-writer is a renowned medical doctor. We’re talking about the book Hemp Diseases […]
- Corona Beer Maker Goes In Big On Cannabis, With Another $4 Billion Investment In Canopy Growth
- Keep Cannabis Green: What To Do With Your Weed Wastewater So It Won’t Wound The World
- This Oregon Association Is Empowering Women To Become Successful Ganjapreneurs In Their Own Right
- A Roundhouse Kick To Roundup: Cannabis Community Backs Groundskeeper Who Took On Scotts And Won
- Is Medical Marijuana The Cure Bell’s Palsy Patients Have Been Waiting For?
- As The World Burns: What It’s Like Growing Cannabis During The Climate Crisis
- On The Streets Of Philadelphia, You’ll Be Less Likely To Get Busted For Weed
- Just Say Meh: What Happens When A Grower Goes To Marijuana Anonymous?