Northern California fires. Hurricane Irma. Hurricane Harvey. Hurricane Maria. Not to mention all the tropical storms and subsequent floods that hurt many marijuana growers this year alone. Heartbreaking numbers of grow ops were wiped out, and in some worst-case scenarios, growers even lost their homes and loved ones. These catastrophes have led growers to ask […]
Tag Archives | fires
For Mendocino County black market marijuana grower R.T., the devastating wildfires consuming California, from Orange County to Mendocino and Butte counties, couldn’t have come at a worse time. His outdoor marijuana crop near Redwood Valley, planted in a terraced pattern on a hillside, along with a hut, his water tank, irrigation tubing, vehicle, guns, fertilizers, […]
Marijuana cloning gives you the opportunity to have dozens of near-identical female plants ready to flip into flowering as soon as their root system can handle it.The first few times I tried cloning cannabis, I failed miserably. Even though I watched endless tutorials on the subject and read countless cloning how-to articles, I just couldn’t […]
In our previous articles about marijuana grow room air conditioning, we recommended you consult licensed professionals instead of attempting to install or retrofit air conditioning equipment yourself. We also noted that the generic marijuana grow-room air conditioning formulas that growers share with each other aren’t reliable. Before we continue, let’s review the fundamentals: You need […]
Just ask marijuana growers in British Columbia, Washington, Oregon, Northern California, and other parts of the West: Climate change is real, and it’s impacting marijuana growers everywhere. Big Buds grow team member Alan is a professional indoor cannabis grower near Vancouver, Canada. This summer, the neighboring forests are burning fiercely, with some of the worst […]
One of the biggest hassles I’ve experienced as a marijuana grower is I’ve needed to convert houses, apartments, rooms, barns, and garages into marijuana grow ops…but I lack the skills to do the conversions myself. It’s a security risk to employ outsiders to help you with the important skilled constructions trades work that has to […]
We talked before about how Mexican cartel marijuana growers clear-cut trees, use poisons, heavy machinery, and industrial fertilizers, divert rivers and streams, start fires, trash the land, kill native wildlife and habitat, and use firearms and vicious dogs to guard their crops. We also noted that a small but dangerous percentage of American and Canadian […]
- The Nitty-Gritty Of Why You Should Add Dissolved Oxygen To Water In Hydroponic And Peat-Based Cannabis Growing
- Hard Candy: What’s Happening With Washington’s Impending Ban On Weed-Infused Sweet Treats?
- Bucks Fizz: Marijuana Money Entices Coca-Cola And Pepsi
- Light Club: LED Grow Lights Now Outshining HID Grow Lights For Cannabis Growers
- Colombian Gold: Forget Canada, Could The Next Global Cannabis Leader Be Colombia?
- Get The Sleep Of Your Dreams With These Tried And Tested Nightly Cannabis Routines
- Canadian Marijuana Legalization: The Good, The Bad And The Ugly
- Mixed Greens: How To Grow More Than One Cannabis Strain At The Same Time