Marijuana plants eat various things so they can produce the buds you love. Your crop consumes photons (light) and carbon dioxide (CO2) through its leaves. Plants consume oxygen, hydrogen and water through their roots. Cannabis also consumes 12 essential fertilizer elements through its roots, which is why the quality and configuration of hydroponics nutrients, soil, […]
Tag Archives | Emerald Harvest
Marijuana growers often face a grow room problem called nutrients lockout. It’s when individual nutrients elements–most often sulfur, magnesium, zinc, iron, phosphorus, or potassium–are present in the root zone but your plants can’t absorb them. Nutrients lockout can happen when your cannabis root zone has the wrong pH. It can happen when the marijuana root […]
As discussed before in this previous article, it’s no longer accurate to describe most marijuana strains using words like Sativa or Indica because 85% of cannabis strains are hybridized combos. If you look for example on the strain descriptions for Subcool TGA seeds, they say 70-30 Sativa or some other ratio. 70-30 or 80-20 are […]
As we’ve discussed before in an article about Sativa and Indica cannabis, most marijuana strains are hybrids. Authentic pure Sativa and Sativa-dominant cannabis gives you a stimulating, hallucinogenic high that’s way different from Kush and Indica cannabis. For example, the breeder of a strain called Chocolope describes it as “95% Sativa and 5% Indica.” But when I […]
- Is Medical Marijuana The Cure Bell’s Palsy Patients Have Been Waiting For?
- As The World Burns: What It’s Like Growing Cannabis During The Climate Crisis
- On The Streets Of Philadelphia, You’ll Be Less Likely To Get Busted For Weed
- Just Say Meh: What Happens When A Grower Goes To Marijuana Anonymous?
- Beers And Buds: Will Brewers Get The Crossfade Right?
- Fear And Self-Loathing: Growing Cannabis Strains That Have Antidepressant Effects
- Pharmacists Help With Everything, From Viagra To Vicodin. So Why Not Cannabis?
- Rookie Error: The Most Common Harvesting Mistakes And How To Avoid Them