Marijuana plants eat various things so they can produce the buds you love. Your crop consumes photons (light) and carbon dioxide (CO2) through its leaves. Plants consume oxygen, hydrogen and water through their roots. Cannabis also consumes 12 essential fertilizer elements through its roots, which is why the quality and configuration of hydroponics nutrients, soil, […]
Tag Archives | Emerald Harvest
Marijuana growers often face a grow room problem called nutrients lockout. It’s when individual nutrients elements–most often sulfur, magnesium, zinc, iron, phosphorus, or potassium–are present in the root zone but your plants can’t absorb them. Nutrients lockout can happen when your cannabis root zone has the wrong pH. It can happen when the marijuana root […]
As discussed before in this previous article, it’s no longer accurate to describe most marijuana strains using words like Sativa or Indica because 85% of cannabis strains are hybridized combos. If you look for example on the strain descriptions for Subcool TGA seeds, they say 70-30 Sativa or some other ratio. 70-30 or 80-20 are […]
As we’ve discussed before in an article about Sativa and Indica cannabis, most marijuana strains are hybrids. Authentic pure Sativa and Sativa-dominant cannabis gives you a stimulating, hallucinogenic high that’s way different from Kush and Indica cannabis. For example, the breeder of a strain called Chocolope describes it as “95% Sativa and 5% Indica.” But when I […]
- The Nitty-Gritty Of Why You Should Add Dissolved Oxygen To Water In Hydroponic And Peat-Based Cannabis Growing
- Hard Candy: What’s Happening With Washington’s Impending Ban On Weed-Infused Sweet Treats?
- Bucks Fizz: Marijuana Money Entices Coca-Cola And Pepsi
- Light Club: LED Grow Lights Now Outshining HID Grow Lights For Cannabis Growers
- Colombian Gold: Forget Canada, Could The Next Global Cannabis Leader Be Colombia?
- Get The Sleep Of Your Dreams With These Tried And Tested Nightly Cannabis Routines
- Canadian Marijuana Legalization: The Good, The Bad And The Ugly
- Mixed Greens: How To Grow More Than One Cannabis Strain At The Same Time