It’s a rare treat when someone who’s bred and sold hundreds of thousands of marijuana seeds lets us into his world to tell us how he became one of the world’s top producers of cannabis strains. We’re fortunate to have the exclusive, fascinating backstory of Tony, the man who founded and owns award-winning Dutch marijuana […]
Tag Archives | Dutch
Close to the Dutch city of Nijmegen on the banks of the Waal river lies a tiny village called Lent. On the edge of the town, right next to the dike, a large villa was constructed around 1890 by a wealthy local merchant named Wouter Rijnders. He owned a windmill, a brewery and a factory […]
If you’ve started growing marijuana in the past 10 years, chances are you’re growing strains that are vastly different to the foundational strains from which modern hybrids were bred. When hippies began leading the resurgence of cannabis culture in the West at the start of the 1960s, the few adventurers who gathered landrace strains sourced […]
The new government of the Netherlands will begin experiments with regulated cannabis production for coffee shops in as many as 10 districts. The plan marks a fundamental move toward legalization, following two decades of perpetually repressive cannabis policies in the northwestern Europe country. This new Dutch coalition is an unlikely combination of four parties, including […]
The 2015 Thanksgiving week in Amsterdam was the first one in a quarter century that didn’t have hundreds of people from all over the world attending the Amsterdam High Times Cannabis Cup. High Times played down the fact that it gave up on the Amsterdam Cannabis Cup in 2015. The Amsterdam High Times Cannabis Cup, […]
- This Oregon Association Is Empowering Women To Become Successful Ganjapreneurs In Their Own Right
- A Roundhouse Kick To Roundup: Cannabis Community Backs Groundskeeper Who Took On Scotts And Won
- Is Medical Marijuana The Cure Bell’s Palsy Patients Have Been Waiting For?
- As The World Burns: What It’s Like Growing Cannabis During The Climate Crisis
- On The Streets Of Philadelphia, You’ll Be Less Likely To Get Busted For Weed
- Just Say Meh: What Happens When A Grower Goes To Marijuana Anonymous?
- Beers And Buds: Will Brewers Get The Crossfade Right?
- Fear And Self-Loathing: Growing Cannabis Strains That Have Antidepressant Effects