Thirty years ago, indoor cannabis grow-light options were limited. We had high intensity discharge (HID) metal halide and high-pressure sodium bulbs, fluorescent bulbs, magnetic core and coil ballasts adapted from street lighting, and store-bought lighting products. None of it was designed or designated for horticulture, and certainly not for marijuana plants. These days, there are […]
Tag Archives | double-ended bulbs
How many pounds per light are you getting from your marijuana garden? Michael Straumietis, founder of hydroponics nutrients company Advanced Nutrients and a long-time cannabis grower and researcher, says you can grow 3+ pounds per light! Straumietis is so serious about helping you increase your yields and fix any grow op problems you might have […]
Using C02 in marijuana growing during the lights-on part of each 24-hour period gives you faster growth and bigger yields if you do it right. Using C02 in marijuana growing increases growth rate, maturation rate, yield, and potency. Your marijuana plants grow faster, are ready for bloom phase slightly earlier, grow fatter buds faster in […]
Why do some marijuana growers give molasses or hydroponics carbohydrates products like Bud Candy to their marijuana plants? The answer is that added carbohydrates fuel healthier, higher-yielding cannabis plants. Here’s how it works… Marijuana plants use photosynthesis to create carbohydrates. Carbohydrates are the primary internal energy source for marijuana plants. But being an energy source […]
Hydroponics nutrients innovator Michael Straumietis says hydroponics reflectors are a make or break item in your hydroponics cannabis grow rooms. Straumietis, founder and owner of Advanced Nutrients, says inferior reflectors waste huge amount of light, and therefore electricity. If possible, before you buy a specific reflector take a look at it when an HID bulb […]
- Corona Beer Maker Goes In Big On Cannabis, With Another $4 Billion Investment In Canopy Growth
- Keep Cannabis Green: What To Do With Your Weed Wastewater So It Won’t Wound The World
- This Oregon Association Is Empowering Women To Become Successful Ganjapreneurs In Their Own Right
- A Roundhouse Kick To Roundup: Cannabis Community Backs Groundskeeper Who Took On Scotts And Won
- Is Medical Marijuana The Cure Bell’s Palsy Patients Have Been Waiting For?
- As The World Burns: What It’s Like Growing Cannabis During The Climate Crisis
- On The Streets Of Philadelphia, You’ll Be Less Likely To Get Busted For Weed
- Just Say Meh: What Happens When A Grower Goes To Marijuana Anonymous?