In the decades-long battle against cannabis prohibition, when growing and possessing cannabis was illegal everywhere in the United States, a handful of brave soldiers stood out as leaders in the battle — and all of them were persecuted because of it. Dennis Peron, long considered the father of medical marijuana, was shot by police, but […]
Tag Archives | Dennis Peron
With the recent death of the father of medical marijuana Dennis Peron, we eulogized the San Francisco activist and remembered all the good he’d done for our cannabis community. Peron led the successful campaign to pass California’s Proposition 215 in 1996, the nation’s first comprehensive medical marijuana law and the precursor for all cannabis legalization […]
Dennis Peron, the man known as “the father of medical marijuana,” died over the weekend in a San Francisco hospital. He was 72. The activist is known for his five decades of dedication to the cannabis movement, having almost single-handedly created, funded and organized the campaign for America’s first medical marijuana law. I first met […]
In 1996, voters legalized California medical marijuana by passing Proposition 215. It was the country’s first successful medical marijuana ballot proposal, and it started the marijuana legalization revolution that we see today in Colorado, Oregon, Washington, Michigan and other states. In October 2015, Governor Jerry Brown and the California legislature killed Prop. 215, making life […]
As a medical marijuana patient, grower, and advocate in California, I can walk in to a drug store and buy non-marijuana over the counter or prescription medications that are almost guaranteed to injure me or kill me, even if I use them as directed. I can walk in to a Home Depot or pest control […]
The United States government hates whistleblowers and activists. That’s pretty obvious when you look at high-profile cases such as that of Bradley Manning and Julian Assange. It’s also obvious when you discover how the DEA targeted a Canadian marijuana legalization activist and vocal critic of the DEA named Marc Emery. Emery was based in Vancouver, Canada […]
- Want Your Cannabis Farm To Be Ecologically Beneficial? Try Regenerative Agriculture
- Oregon’s Cannabis Excess: What Are They Going To Do With All That Extra Stash?
- Growing Medical Marijuana As A Treatment For Parkinson’s Disease
- Scents & Sensibility: 10 Tricks For Cultivating Maximum Terpene Concentration In Your Cannabis
- Room Raider: Learn From One Unlucky Cannabis Grower How To Avoid A Police Raid
- Clean And Green: A Cannabis Grower’s Guide To Grow-Room Sanitation
- Patent Zero: If Big Business Continues To Pursue Cannabis Patents, What Will Happen To Small-Scale Growers And Breeders?
- Rick Scott Is Doing Everything He Can To Prevent Florida Patients From Smoking Medical Marijuana