To fully understand why cannabis legalization will not be complete and legitimized until federal legalization happens, one only has to consider the case of Florida politician Nikki Fried. As a lobbyist and the Democratic candidate for the office of Florida agriculture commissioner, the state’s legal medical marijuana industry has been one of Fried’s most important […]
Tag Archives | Democratic
Despite marijuana legalization, the war on drugs continues. For example, a U.S. federal prosecutor threatened to bust the recent High Times Cannabis Cup in Las Vegas if people possessed or consumed marijuana– even though possession and use of marijuana is legal in Nevada. The federal prosecutor also threatened the Native American tribe that was hosting […]
As Tommy Chong kept pointing out, Bernie Sanders was the only 2016 major-party presidential candidate who advocated federal decriminalization of marijuana. In 2015, Sanders introduced legislation to legalize marijuana federally, and has been a persistent critic of the DEA– the main federal agency opposed to marijuana legalization. But now Bernie Sanders has endorsed Hillary Clinton, […]
As the presidential election season heats up, marijuana comedian and actor Tommy Chong says he’s backing Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders for president. Chong went on record recently in a Rolling Stone interview and in videos about his support for Bernie Sanders. If you recognize that Tommy Chong has been a marijuana media icon and freedom […]
- From Doom To Bloom: How Medical Marijuana Helped One Girl Overcome Her Grand Mal Seizures
- This Session Is Over: What AG Sessions’ Ousting Means For The Cannabis Community
- The Truth About Veterans And Medical Marijuana
- Mexican Supreme Court Declares Cannabis Prohibition Unconstitutional: Is Legalization On The Horizon?
- A Tale Of Two Mikeys: Cannabis Kingpin BigMike Making Waves In LA With Mike Tyson
- Will Thailand Become The First Nation In Asia To Legalize Cannabis?
- Midterm Elections 2018: Weed Proves A Whopping Winner
- In Austria, The Hills Are Alive — With The Sound Of Marijuana Regulation Rollback