Oftentimes, discussion around policing tactics involves people of color, particularly black men — and rightfully so, given how violently and unfairly they’re targeted by cops in the United States, according to The Washington Post’s somber database Fatal Force. However, that doesn’t mean women and non-binary people are not harmed by racist, classist policing. Particularly mothers, […]
Tag Archives | Decriminalization
Pretty soon, green chile might not be the only green speciality served in New Mexico. On January 31, New Mexico State Representative Javier Martínez introduced a piece of groundbreaking legislation — House Bill 312 — to tax and regulate recreational cannabis. This move could be seen as a way to protect cannabis consumers against Attorney […]
As many Californians anxiously await the availability of retail pot sales come January 1, reports of as much as a 45 percent tax on cannabis could mean dissatisfied consumers opt for the black market instead of state-approved cannabis shops. While an unregulated system likely means lower prices, it’s not without its flaws. Operating outside of […]
Former presidential candidate Bernie Sanders repeatedly tried to pass federal marijuana decriminalization. Now a newbie Virginia Republican member of the U.S. House of Representatives is attempting the same thing. Virginia Representative Thomas Garrett is pushing a bill that completely removes cannabis from the Controlled Substances Act (CSA) and its “schedule” listing of “contraband drugs.” Cannabis […]
- Unchartered: California Moves One Step Closer To A State Cannabis Bank
- Raising Arizona: Subcool Rises From the Ashes To Bring You New Strains, New Extracts
- Anti-Cannabis Crusaders Claim Marijuana Grow Ops Are Like Meth Labs. Say What Now?
- National Pleasure: Largest Study About Weed And Sex Is Coming
- In Colorado, Pot Is Prospering — Which Could Mean A Big Win For Affordable Housing
- Good Medicine: These CBD Medical Marijuana Strains Will Boost Your Grow — And Your Bank Balance
- Women And Weed: Madrone Stewart Tells Us Why Growers Don’t Have To Be Guys
- Marinol Vs. Marijuana: Are Synthetic Forms Of Cannabis More Effective At Pain Management Than The Real Thing?