On Thursday, June 7, United States senators Elizabeth Warren — a Democrat from Massachusetts — and Cory Gardner — a Republican from Colorado — announced the Strengthening the Tenth Amendment Through Entrusting States (STATES) Act. This is the first ever bipartisan legislation in Congress to protect states legalizing cannabis. A companion bill in the House […]
Tag Archives | Cory Booker
As more markets enter the cannabis industry, the social inequalities that exist in the United States workforce are likely to roll over into this new field. Indeed, the burgeoning industry is not immune to the domination of rich white men. It’s not immune to excluding people of color, especially women. But it doesn’t have to […]
If you’ve ever travelled around the United States, you’d notice how the unique culture of each region is undeniable. With New Jersey thought to be among the next states to legalize recreational cannabis, it’s worth pointing out that due to the diverse makeup of each of the Garden State’s towns and cities, legalization is not […]
Republican and Democratic senators have announced a bill called the CARERS Act that prioritizes state medical marijuana legalization instead of federal marijuana prohibition. The CARERS Act (introduced June, 2017), is fully known as the Compassionate Access, Research Expansion, and Respect States Act. Basically, this same bill has been introduced every year, starting in 2015. Its […]
Democratic Senator Elizabeth Warren and ten of her senate colleagues sent an official letter to the U.S. Department of Justice and embattled Attorney General Jeff Sessions, telling them to keep their hands off of state-legalized marijuana laws. Warren and her fellow senators sent the letter after White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer said Trump would […]
John Abrams (not his real name) believed George W. Bush when Bush said Iraq had weapons of mass destruction, including nuclear weapons, and that Iraq was involved in 9-11. He joined the Marines, spending three and a half years in Iraq and one year in Afghanistan. Seriously injured by a roadside bomb, Abrams came home […]
- This Oregon Association Is Empowering Women To Become Successful Ganjapreneurs In Their Own Right
- A Roundhouse Kick To Roundup: Cannabis Community Backs Groundskeeper Who Took On Scotts And Won
- Is Medical Marijuana The Cure Bell’s Palsy Patients Have Been Waiting For?
- As The World Burns: What It’s Like Growing Cannabis During The Climate Crisis
- On The Streets Of Philadelphia, You’ll Be Less Likely To Get Busted For Weed
- Just Say Meh: What Happens When A Grower Goes To Marijuana Anonymous?
- Beers And Buds: Will Brewers Get The Crossfade Right?
- Fear And Self-Loathing: Growing Cannabis Strains That Have Antidepressant Effects