Growing cannabis in soil is seen as the most natural, simplest way to grow. But unfortunately, it’s also the most difficult way to control plant feeding. No matter if you make your own so-called super soil or buy soil from hydroponic specialists, you have to be careful about what you put into that root-zone medium. […]
Tag Archives | compost tea
According to a recent study co-authored by famed organic chemist Raphael Mechoulam — best known as the pioneer of cannabinoid research and for discovering the endocannabinoid system — an increasing number of elderly people aged 65 and over are now consuming medical marijuana. The study, originally published in the European Journal of Internal Medicine in […]
In 2007, my husband Raul and I decided to leave our corporate jobs behind and buy an organic farm. Feeling unfulfilled with the drudgery that comes with sitting behind a desk, day after day, we left the daily grind of California and bought an 18-acre farm in the interior of the Caribbean island of Puerto […]
What is mycelium? You’ve likely experienced the wonder of stumbling across some gorgeous fungi while out in the natural world. Whether it be a cartoonish amanita muscaria sprouting out of grass or wood chips, or a cluster of delicious oyster mushrooms formed on the side of a down log, the thrill at finding such unique […]
Many years ago, when I lived as a happy hippie in an Oregon cultivation community, I went through my “it has to be organic” phase. It was a requirement in our cadre that, along with being vegan, driving a VW van, sporting dreads, a threadbare Bob Marley T-shirt, and lots of unruly body hair, that […]
In the ongoing debate between supporters of “organic” marijuana versus hydroponics marijuana, you often hear about “compost tea.” You get faster marijuana growth, larger/stronger marijuana roots, detoxified soil and root zones, and protection against root zone diseases and pathogens when you use bioactive compost tea. If you use compost tea as a foliar spray, your […]
- Corona Beer Maker Goes In Big On Cannabis, With Another $4 Billion Investment In Canopy Growth
- Keep Cannabis Green: What To Do With Your Weed Wastewater So It Won’t Wound The World
- This Oregon Association Is Empowering Women To Become Successful Ganjapreneurs In Their Own Right
- A Roundhouse Kick To Roundup: Cannabis Community Backs Groundskeeper Who Took On Scotts And Won
- Is Medical Marijuana The Cure Bell’s Palsy Patients Have Been Waiting For?
- As The World Burns: What It’s Like Growing Cannabis During The Climate Crisis
- On The Streets Of Philadelphia, You’ll Be Less Likely To Get Busted For Weed
- Just Say Meh: What Happens When A Grower Goes To Marijuana Anonymous?