In the heady days of the US cannabis industry during the 1960s and ’70s, most marijuana consumed in North America came from Mexico. One of the most popular Mexican imports was Oaxacan (pronounced woe-ha-kin) Highland Gold, a pure sativa grown in the highlands of the state of Oaxaca, located in southern Mexico, not far from […]
Tag Archives | Colombian Gold
As a cannabis cultivator and consumer who’s spent much of his weed career procuring and breeding strains devoid of cannabidiol and cannabinol (better known respectively as CBD and CBN) while increasing percentages of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), I’ve long resisted the growing hype surrounding CBD medical marijuana strains. Until about seven years ago, when the medical benefits […]
Dennis Peron, the man known as “the father of medical marijuana,” died over the weekend in a San Francisco hospital. He was 72. The activist is known for his five decades of dedication to the cannabis movement, having almost single-handedly created, funded and organized the campaign for America’s first medical marijuana law. I first met […]
Before there were marijuana clones and mother plants, there were marijuana seeds, the foundation of the cannabis industry. And here’s some big news for you: The price of quality marijuana seeds is going up while availability is going down. If you were waiting to buy seeds of the famous, scintillating heritage or landrace marijuana strains […]
If you’ve started growing marijuana in the past 10 years, chances are you’re growing strains that are vastly different to the foundational strains from which modern hybrids were bred. When hippies began leading the resurgence of cannabis culture in the West at the start of the 1960s, the few adventurers who gathered landrace strains sourced […]
Dutch Passion is one of the oldest and most-respected marijuana seeds companies in The Netherlands. They’ve been at it for decades, and they have old school genetics that are hard to find anywhere else. Dutch Passion recently won four cannabis cup awards at the Highlife Cup in Amsterdam. Their powerhouse Master Kush strain was named […]
There was a point in the long drive upwards when I saw the Sacramento Valley below, shrouded in smog. Then Jake the big money outdoor marijuana grower turned onto a dirt track barely wide enough for his vintage International Scout jeep, and we plunged into a tunnel of trees. Using his knees and elbows to […]
- Want Your Cannabis Farm To Be Ecologically Beneficial? Try Regenerative Agriculture
- Oregon’s Cannabis Excess: What Are They Going To Do With All That Extra Stash?
- Growing Medical Marijuana As A Treatment For Parkinson’s Disease
- Scents & Sensibility: 10 Tricks For Cultivating Maximum Terpene Concentration In Your Cannabis
- Room Raider: Learn From One Unlucky Cannabis Grower How To Avoid A Police Raid
- Clean And Green: A Cannabis Grower’s Guide To Grow-Room Sanitation
- Patent Zero: If Big Business Continues To Pursue Cannabis Patents, What Will Happen To Small-Scale Growers And Breeders?
- Rick Scott Is Doing Everything He Can To Prevent Florida Patients From Smoking Medical Marijuana