On Thursday, June 7, United States senators Elizabeth Warren — a Democrat from Massachusetts — and Cory Gardner — a Republican from Colorado — announced the Strengthening the Tenth Amendment Through Entrusting States (STATES) Act. This is the first ever bipartisan legislation in Congress to protect states legalizing cannabis. A companion bill in the House […]
Tag Archives | Cole Memo
Ever since the 1980s, there has been heated debate about certain US cities and states that offer sanctuary status to undocumented immigrants. So, what is a sanctuary city exactly? It’s an unofficial term given to municipalities that offer and provide shelter to illegal immigrants in opposition to the national government’s enforcement of immigration laws. States […]
While Attorney “good-people-don’t-smoke-marijuana” Jeff Sessions wants to amplify the war on drugs, don’t forget who appointed him: Donald Trump. Although President Trump has, for the most part, stayed silent on drug policy, one of his alarming stances has recently been revealed, with five sources confirming to Axios that Trump has privately discussed being in favor […]
“I have to laugh when I hear people going on about pot names like Cherry Kush this and Green Crack that,” says Carolina dairy farmer Grover D. “You know, those terms are right out of the moonshiner playbook.” Grover’s considerable heft in a pair of worn-out overalls and his towering height at 6’6” creates a […]
Few issues so typify current ideological polarities between the federal and state governments in the United States than the battle over legalization of marijuana. On a state level, the popular mandate for safe and legal access to cannabis has been evident in a number of regions. As eight states plus the District of Columbia now […]
On January 4, the US legal cannabis industry took a hit — however, it wasn’t the kind of hit we normally enjoy. Rather, it was a blow levied by ultra-conservative US Attorney General Jeff Sessions to a long-standing federal policy called the Cole Memorandum. The end of the Obama-era policy, written in 2013, means federal […]
If you’ve ever travelled around the United States, you’d notice how the unique culture of each region is undeniable. With New Jersey thought to be among the next states to legalize recreational cannabis, it’s worth pointing out that due to the diverse makeup of each of the Garden State’s towns and cities, legalization is not […]
- Rare Breeds: Growing Unique Connoisseur Cannabis Strains That No One Else Has
- Canada’s Senate Passes Legislation For Recreational Cannabis
- Mystery, Miracle Or Magic: Are Your Cannabis Plants Intuitive?
- ‘Mary Janes: The Women Of Weed’ Isn’t Just Another Stoner Film
- Garage Grow Or Basement Buds? What’s The Best Place For Indoor Cannabis Cultivation?
- Organizations Fighting To End The War On Weed And Racial Inequality In The Cannabis Community
- Cannabis Producers Who Leave The Smallest Carbon Footprint Will Make The Biggest Splash
- Weed Influencers Talk Marketing Your Marijuana And What Type Of Pot They Prefer