All eyes are on California. Now that it’s become the largest and latest territory to legalize cannabis, with a trickle of recreational sales having begun on January 1, it’s clear the Golden State’s legalization is a game-changer for cannabis. Yet efforts to shape the anatomy of California’s burgeoning industry began long before recreational sales did, […]
Tag Archives | cannabiz
Oregon’s State Accident Insurance Fund started thinking about the wellbeing of cannabis workers in 2014, the moment the Beaver State passed Measure 91 legalizing cannabis. SAIF’s Judi Croft, safety services supervisor at the nonprofit insurance provider, explains, “Our vision, mission and charter is to keep people safe, and make workers’ comp as available to as […]
As the doors of the Las Vegas Convention Center opened for MJBizCon 2017, the monthslong drum roll for the cannabis industry’s largest-ever trade show came to a deafening head. Growers, investors and a variety of service providers swarmed the exhibit hall, creating traffic jams through the maze of more than 650 exhibits. We had conveyed […]
- Sea Of Love: Dive Into These Strains For A Thriving Sea Of Green
- From Taxation To Overzealous Cops, How Will Black Market Growers Survive Legalization?
- Sessions’ Obsession With Regression On Possession
- Clone Wars
- The Good Germin’: How To Germinate Old Weed Seeds And Bring Them Back To Life
- Vermont Becomes First Grow-Friendly State To Legalize Cannabis Via State Legislature
- Minority Report: How California’s Cannabis Industry Is Leading The Fight For Diversity
- Grow Better, Know Better: What Is Explosive Growth And How Do You Get It For Your Cannabis Grow Op?