The summer of 2018 was one of significant climate change, both weather wise and politically speaking, for not only the general population of the United Kingdom, but also for the British nation’s cannabis growers and consumers. The government there was forced to loosen its restrictive policies regarding medical marijuana after officials were spurred on by […]
Tag Archives | cannabis legislation
Colombian Gold is about to live up to its name. As medical and recreational pro-cannabis legislation blazes across the globe — from South Africa to Canada to Israel — so too are the front-runners of the burgeoning international marijuana industry expanding their reach globally. Lower labor costs and favorable climate conditions are two key components […]
Cannabis is now legal in some form in more US states than it is not. Recreational cannabis is legal in nine states plus Washington, DC. Indeed, 31 states now have some form of reasonable medical marijuana law enacted. The act of growing cannabis legally in your home however, varies from state to state. Each region […]
Utah Republican Rep. Brad Daw had all but admitted he screwed up, telling The Salt Lake Tribune, “One bill was dependent on the other.” The bills he was talking about? House Bill 195, also known as the Medical Cannabis Policy, and House Bill 197, titled Cannabis Cultivation Amendments. The House sponsor of these two cannabis […]
On January 4, the US legal cannabis industry took a hit — however, it wasn’t the kind of hit we normally enjoy. Rather, it was a blow levied by ultra-conservative US Attorney General Jeff Sessions to a long-standing federal policy called the Cole Memorandum. The end of the Obama-era policy, written in 2013, means federal […]
If you thought cannabis legalization in the Netherlands was a free and easy nonevent, you best think again. In 2015, Dutch TV journalist Bas Haan reported on a secret deal between a hash dealer and the Dutch Ministry of Justice and Security. This shock exposé forced then-Minister Ivo Opstelten, a member of the conservative People’s […]
- Chasing The Legal Green? Here’s How To Successfully Invest In Canada’s Pot Stocks
- From Doom To Bloom: How Medical Marijuana Helped One Girl Overcome Her Grand Mal Seizures
- This Session Is Over: What AG Sessions’ Ousting Means For The Cannabis Community
- The Truth About Veterans And Medical Marijuana
- Mexican Supreme Court Declares Cannabis Prohibition Unconstitutional: Is Legalization On The Horizon?
- A Tale Of Two Mikeys: Cannabis Kingpin BigMike Making Waves In LA With Mike Tyson
- Will Thailand Become The First Nation In Asia To Legalize Cannabis?
- Midterm Elections 2018: Weed Proves A Whopping Winner