Former Deputy Attorney General James Cole has revealed he thought it was only “a matter of time” before Attorney General Jeff Sessions rescinded the memo that provided more relaxed guidelines for cannabis in the United States. And Cole added that while he hoped the document may have been left alone, his belief was that Sessions […]
Tag Archives | cannabis banking
Maggie Ramirez loves cannabis. For more than 12 years, the Northern California native has completely surrounded herself with her favorite plant. Working in the medical marijuana industry for most of her adult life, she’s worn a lot of hats — farmer, trimmer, broker, buyer — and for the past few years has been employed as […]
It’s a fact: Racial minorities are frequently arrested for cannabis-related charges at a noticeably larger degree than their white counterparts. While black people in the US consume cannabis at a similar rate to white people, they’re 3.73 times more likely to be nabbed for possession, according to the American Civil Liberties Union. And with white […]
Kerry T. is surrounded by stacks of cash. Neat little pillars lay to his left and right, and another pile of currency is spread out like a messy deck of cards at the edge of his desk. He’s in the process of counting and strapping piles of bills, one after another, as they sail through […]
Licensed operators within the cannabis space are well aware that the inability of pot professionals to gain access to traditional banking services is one of the bigger problems facing our industry. Across the country, cannabusinesses are being forced to deal strictly in cash, which opens them up to a wealth of risks, including theft, violence, […]
For many cannabis business owners and growers, the days of spraying Febreze on cash stacks to mask the scent of the plant, or running to the grocery store to make thousands of dollars’ worth of money orders before going to the bank, is becoming a thing of the past. That’s because, more than ever, traditional […]
- A Roundhouse Kick To Roundup: Cannabis Community Backs Groundskeeper Who Took On Scotts And Won
- Is Medical Marijuana The Cure Bell’s Palsy Patients Have Been Waiting For?
- As The World Burns: What It’s Like Growing Cannabis During The Climate Crisis
- On The Streets Of Philadelphia, You’ll Be Less Likely To Get Busted For Weed
- Just Say Meh: What Happens When A Grower Goes To Marijuana Anonymous?
- Beers And Buds: Will Brewers Get The Crossfade Right?
- Fear And Self-Loathing: Growing Cannabis Strains That Have Antidepressant Effects
- Pharmacists Help With Everything, From Viagra To Vicodin. So Why Not Cannabis?