Once upon a time, Canada’s black market and Northern California’s Emerald Triangle made up the largest chunk of the cannabis consumed in North America. BC bud, as it was then commonly known, was the most sought-after marijuana product in Canada and the US. Grown indoors and outdoors in British Columbia, fortunes were easily made in […]
Tag Archives | black-market cannabis
Cannabis is now legal in some form in more US states than it is not. Recreational cannabis is legal in nine states plus Washington, DC. Indeed, 31 states now have some form of reasonable medical marijuana law enacted. The act of growing cannabis legally in your home however, varies from state to state. Each region […]
Pro-cannabis advocates for years have pitched legalized marijuana as a means to the end of the black market. As the plant is taken out of the shadows and put into the hands of licensed vendors under stringent state regulations, advocates say that having trusted outlets to legally purchase cannabis will effectively eliminate the need for […]
It pains me to admit that within the cannabis industry, I’ve seen people do many terrible things to one another. Until the arrival of statewide and nationwide legalization, such as that of California and Canada, our industry was an unregulated anarchist black market, attracting a high percentage of reckless people who don’t play by any […]
Despite regulations having been passed and gleaming new licensed retail operations springing up all over the country, California in particular has been supporting the illegal cannabis trade for many states that still operate under prohibition laws. According to a study conducted by the Department of Food and Agriculture, in 2016 (the most recent year for […]
A service some cannabis-legal states have offered as a luxury to both medical marijuana patients and recreational buyers alike is having some unintended consequences in helping the black market flourish, according to cannabis industry business owners and government authorities. Andrew Jolley, owner of The+Source dispensaries in the Las Vegas Valley, says he and several other […]
Latin America has been hit hard by the war on drugs, especially our neighbor to the south, Mexico. Yet Mexico has been taking steps regarding medical cannabis, having passed its first medical marijuana bill in June, 2017, with the expectation that the nation’s regulations will pass any day now. Progress began to take shape in […]
- Hard Candy: What’s Happening With Washington’s Impending Ban On Weed-Infused Sweet Treats?
- Bucks Fizz: Marijuana Money Entices Coca-Cola And Pepsi
- Light Club: LED Grow Lights Now Outshining HID Grow Lights For Cannabis Growers
- Colombian Gold: Forget Canada, Could The Next Global Cannabis Leader Be Colombia?
- Get The Sleep Of Your Dreams With These Tried And Tested Nightly Cannabis Routines
- Canadian Marijuana Legalization: The Good, The Bad And The Ugly
- Mixed Greens: How To Grow More Than One Cannabis Strain At The Same Time
- The End Of An Era? Dutch Coffee Shop In Operation Since The ’70s May Be Shuttered Forever