Cannabis cultivators have long been concerned by agrochemical corporation Monsanto, not least of all because of its business partnership with lawn care company Scotts Miracle-Gro. And when San Francisco jurors last Friday ordered Monsanto to pay $289 million in damages to former school groundskeeper and pest control manager Dewayne Johnson, cannabis growers and environmentalists everywhere […]
Tag Archives | Black Magic
A buddy I’ve known since high school (who, for the purpose of this story, I’ll call Doug) makes his living as a wine and spirits merchant in the Intermountain West and on the West Coast — and Doug claims people in the alcohol industry there are crying into their beers about cannabis legalization. He says […]
In a move that’s generating intense alarm among hydroponics retailers and the cannabis grower community, Scotts Miracle-Gro is in the process of buying Sunlight Supply, the hydroponics distributor with a majority North American control of wholesale-supply grow lights, hydroponics nutrients, and gardening supplies. Scotts is reportedly shelling out $450 million for the acquisition of Sunlight […]
The medium you use in your cannabis root zone has a big impact on your cultivation workload and ultimate success as a grower. There’s plenty of confusion and misinformation about marijuana root-zone materials, so we’re going to clear that up by giving you just the facts. Soil Root Zone Medium Of all the choices of […]
As a hydroponics marijuana grower, I count on grow shops for supplies, gear and information. I’ve become friends with several grow-shop owners and their staff during my years of growing, and this friendship serves to increase my marijuana grow success. You’d think that with legalization sweeping the US, now would be the perfect time for […]
I’m a a hydroponics storeowner and marijuana grower. My customers tell me that what I sell in my store, and the cultivation advice we give, helps them be successful growers. Most growers count on their local hydroponics store. But hydroponics stores could disappear in a few years, because of Scotts Miracle-Gro and its subsidiary Hawthorne […]
- Hard Candy: What’s Happening With Washington’s Impending Ban On Weed-Infused Sweet Treats?
- Bucks Fizz: Marijuana Money Entices Coca-Cola And Pepsi
- Light Club: LED Grow Lights Now Outshining HID Grow Lights For Cannabis Growers
- Colombian Gold: Forget Canada, Could The Next Global Cannabis Leader Be Colombia?
- Get The Sleep Of Your Dreams With These Tried And Tested Nightly Cannabis Routines
- Canadian Marijuana Legalization: The Good, The Bad And The Ugly
- Mixed Greens: How To Grow More Than One Cannabis Strain At The Same Time
- The End Of An Era? Dutch Coffee Shop In Operation Since The ’70s May Be Shuttered Forever