In our continuing series on heritage marijuana strains that form the foundation for today’s hybrids and that every grower should cultivate at least once, we’ve focused on landrace and heirloom strains from legendary Dutch cannabis seed companies Sensi Seeds and Dutch Passion. In today’s installment, we’re introducing classic cannabis strains from another reliable Dutch seed […]
Tag Archives | Ben Dronkers
Close to the Dutch city of Nijmegen on the banks of the Waal river lies a tiny village called Lent. On the edge of the town, right next to the dike, a large villa was constructed around 1890 by a wealthy local merchant named Wouter Rijnders. He owned a windmill, a brewery and a factory […]
In our continuing series on the foundational marijuana strains that every grower should cultivate at least once, we’ve introduced Afghani, skunk and haze genetics. These strains, and the landrace genetics they contain, are the basis for most of the more hybridized strains we grow today. The sourcing of original landrace genetics, and the breeding programs […]
If you’ve started growing marijuana in the past 10 years, chances are you’re growing strains that are vastly different to the foundational strains from which modern hybrids were bred. When hippies began leading the resurgence of cannabis culture in the West at the start of the 1960s, the few adventurers who gathered landrace strains sourced […]
Most hydroponics marijuana growers have heard the term “bud porn.” It doesn’t refer to images showing cannabis buds and sexy, naked people. Instead, bud porn is juicy images of luscious marijuana buds dripping with THC. The marijuana world has long been fortunate that a few photographers and writers document marijuana and show us the stickiest […]
When you list the names of famous marijuana seed breeders, it’s a short list, and it’s an all-male club… Ben Dronkers of Sensi Seeds. Arjan from Green House Seeds. Tony from Sagarmatha. DJ Short. Breeder Steve. Subcool from TGA Seeds. Henk from Dutch Passion. Others I haven’t mentioned. All men. And many of them from […]
If you’ve ever been to the High Times Cannabis Cup in Amsterdam, you’ve heard of Arjan Roskam and probably smoked his Cannabis Cup-winning medical marijuana. Arjan is founder of Green House coffeeshops and Green House Seed Company, and it’s no wonder he’s called “The King of Cannabis,” and “The Godfather of Cannabis.” His strains have […]
- Hard Candy: What’s Happening With Washington’s Impending Ban On Weed-Infused Sweet Treats?
- Bucks Fizz: Marijuana Money Entices Coca-Cola And Pepsi
- Light Club: LED Grow Lights Now Outshining HID Grow Lights For Cannabis Growers
- Colombian Gold: Forget Canada, Could The Next Global Cannabis Leader Be Colombia?
- Get The Sleep Of Your Dreams With These Tried And Tested Nightly Cannabis Routines
- Canadian Marijuana Legalization: The Good, The Bad And The Ugly
- Mixed Greens: How To Grow More Than One Cannabis Strain At The Same Time
- The End Of An Era? Dutch Coffee Shop In Operation Since The ’70s May Be Shuttered Forever