Consuming cannabis to beat depression and anxiety is one of the most common uses of the plant. As a marijuana grower who has lived with depression throughout my adult life, I’ve spent years growing, breeding, evaluating and cataloguing cannabis strains for use as my own personal antidepressant stash. These varieties are tested strains that live […]
Tag Archives | antidepressants
I used to feel that growing cannabis successfully and consuming large quantities of my own buds provided me a happy, fulfilling life that was well worth living. But in the past four years, I started to notice something. A feeling of being lost and anxious, at times despairing of life itself. I tried various self-help […]
The debate continues to rage over whether veterans should be given the right to consume cannabis to combat post-traumatic stress disorder. But one marijuana advocate can reveal from firsthand experience how far the military needs to come before it can accept what it sees as the demon weed. Forrest Rosenbach was expelled from the US […]
Patients are increasingly turning to medical marijuana to deal with neuropathic and chronic pain, because cannabis has proven a more effective, non-addictive pain-management option than pharmaceutical medicines. Neuropathic and chronic pain are bedeviling and varied in the discomfort they cause the sufferer. Some pain is due to central nervous conditions and diseases like cancer, or […]
Whenever I urge caution and prudence in how much, how potent and how often people consume cannabis, I get accused of being a traitor to the advocacy movement, of siding with the drug warriors, and of spreading lies about weed. However, it’s written somewhere (in the Bible, I think?) that “the truth will set you […]
Even though I grow and use marijuana recreationally, it was only after a road accident left me hospitalized in severe pain that I fully appreciated the usefulness of medical marijuana. At the same time, I also learned about the medical industry’s prejudice against marijuana, and its harmful reliance on dangerous pharmaceuticals. The anti-marijuana prejudice was […]
- A Roundhouse Kick To Roundup: Cannabis Community Backs Groundskeeper Who Took On Scotts And Won
- Is Medical Marijuana The Cure Bell’s Palsy Patients Have Been Waiting For?
- As The World Burns: What It’s Like Growing Cannabis During The Climate Crisis
- On The Streets Of Philadelphia, You’ll Be Less Likely To Get Busted For Weed
- Just Say Meh: What Happens When A Grower Goes To Marijuana Anonymous?
- Beers And Buds: Will Brewers Get The Crossfade Right?
- Fear And Self-Loathing: Growing Cannabis Strains That Have Antidepressant Effects
- Pharmacists Help With Everything, From Viagra To Vicodin. So Why Not Cannabis?