In our continuing series on heritage marijuana strains every grower should try to cultivate at least once, we’ve shown you how to grow Northern Lights, Neville’s Haze, Afghani #1 and Skunk #1. Today we’re looking at three more strains that were ubiquitous in grow rooms worldwide and in Dutch marijuana coffee shops during the 1980s […]
Tag Archives | Afghanistan
If you’ve started growing marijuana in the past 10 years, chances are you’re growing strains that are vastly different to the foundational strains from which modern hybrids were bred. When hippies began leading the resurgence of cannabis culture in the West at the start of the 1960s, the few adventurers who gathered landrace strains sourced […]
Most marijuana strains we grow today are descendants of foundational landrace strains gathered by intrepid cannabis adventurers in the 1960s, ’70s and ’80s. Until the beginning of the 1990s marked the advent of accelerated hybrid cannabis breeding and a rapid increase in the number of breeders that accompanied marijuana cultivation legalization in North America, if […]
Marijuana strain selection is very personal. Unless you grow solely to sell, your top three criteria for what you grow is that you love the taste, scent and high. If you’re growing in a screen of green, or SCROG garden, you also want to select strains that can well handle that particular cultivation process, which […]
Republican Representative Trent Franks, a member of Congress from Arizona, says Islamic terrorism is imported into the United States in bales of marijuana! Franks, a right-wing conservative who supports unrestricted gun rights, opposes a woman’s right to choose abortion, denies that humans affect the climate, and is a long-time drug warrior, made the claim when […]
People watch videos of police killing non-violent, often-unarmed civilians, and they’re outraged. But members of the marijuana community already know that some police officers are criminals who abuse citizens they’re sworn to protect. We know that policing is dangerous work, and we appreciate the good that police do. But there are far too many occasions […]
Kevin M. was 21-years-old and unemployed when he caused a DUI car wreck that injured two people. The judge gave him the option of going to jail, or going into the army. This was in 2006, when the Iraq and Afghanistan wars were both going full-throttle, when U.S. soldiers were being shot, blown up, and […]
- Weed Wise: Top Toking Tips For Beginner Marijuana Consumers
- Want Your Cannabis Farm To Be Ecologically Beneficial? Try Regenerative Agriculture
- Oregon’s Cannabis Excess: What Are They Going To Do With All That Extra Stash?
- Growing Medical Marijuana As A Treatment For Parkinson’s Disease
- Scents & Sensibility: 10 Tricks For Cultivating Maximum Terpene Concentration In Your Cannabis
- Room Raider: Learn From One Unlucky Cannabis Grower How To Avoid A Police Raid
- Clean And Green: A Cannabis Grower’s Guide To Grow-Room Sanitation
- Patent Zero: If Big Business Continues To Pursue Cannabis Patents, What Will Happen To Small-Scale Growers And Breeders?