criminal recordA criminal background check that uncovers a criminal record can interfere with your life.

Here’s How to Flush Your Marijuana Criminal Record

Do you have a marijuana criminal record and want to get rid of it?

One of the benefits of some state marijuana legalization laws is the ability to expunge, reduce, or totally erase a marijuana criminal record.

Under California’s Prop. 64, The Adult Use of Marijuana Act (AUMA), for example, you may be able to remove a marijuana conviction from your criminal record, or at least reduce it from a felony to a misdemeanor or infraction.

Getting rid of a marijuana criminal record has multiple benefits because a criminal record can block you from jobs, volunteering to help children, obtaining or keeping professional credentials, being a school teacher or other public employee, getting rental housing and loans, owning a firearm, international travel, voting, winning custody of children during divorce proceedings, and educational programs.

The chance to cleanse your record is available in many states, not just states with the most progressive marijuana legalization.

You can take an easy online eligibility test offered by law firm Higbee & Associates’ RecordGone service that shows whether you have realistic hope of reducing or removing a criminal record.

RecordGone and Higbee & Associates were founded by Matthew Higbee, a highly-regarded, very bright, activistic attorney with massive expertise in expungement law… and he’s licensed to practice law in nearly a dozen states!

There are of course details that in many states impact the success of your criminal record clean-up, including:

  • How old you were and what state you were convicted and sentenced in?
  • What crimes you were convicted of?
  • Did you have prior offenses and if so what were they?
  • How many marijuana plants were you growing?
  • If your criminal record comes from a possession conviction, what was the substance you were convicted for (whole bud, concentrates, etc.) and how much did you have?
  • Were there negative extenuating circumstances related to the marijuana arrest (such as cultivation near a school, or possession of guns)?
  • Can you show you’re not a threat to society and are a “beneficial” member of society.

Take a look here for more information specific to California’s Prop. 64 issues.

In Oregon, the state legislature made recent law changes benefiting people with a marijuana criminal record.

In that state, part of the process of sealing or otherwise cleaning a criminal record involves evaluating the past marijuana crime by Oregon’s latest legalization standards.

In many situations, if the marijuana cultivation crime you were convicted of is now considered legal, you have a great chance of cleansing your record.

People convicted of marijuana crimes in Washington and Colorado don’t have it as easy.

Lawmakers in those marijuana legalization states haven’t been as merciful to residents convicted of marijuana crimes.

There are expensive, time-consuming legal filings you and an attorney can put forward seeking reduction from felony to misdemeanor or asking for records to be sealed.

But there are no guarantees in those states.

The first step is to contact competent attorneys skilled in marijuana law and criminal record law, such as the Higbee & Associates RecordGone attorneys.

They even offer a moneyback guarantee, which is very unusual for attorneys to offer.

Removing or reducing a marijuana cultivation felony in California may cost less than $1000 including court costs, attorney fees, and filing fees.

For members of the marijuana community, being arrested and/or convicted of cannabis crimes has created serious problems.

It’s worth it to spend the money to diminish the severity of a marijuana criminal record!

, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Reproduction whole or in part of any words, images, or any other material from any BigBudsMag.Com pages without first obtaining explicit written permission from is strictly prohibited and is theft of intellectual property that could result in criminal or civil charges.