While many marijuana strains need at least nine or more weeks to fully mature, you can easily grow faster strains without using auto-flowering varieties or sacrificing quality, weight or THC. Here’s a guide to five of the fastest marijuana strains you can grow:
• BC Sweet Tooth, from BC Bud Depot: As with almost all fast strains, BC Sweet Tooth is mostly Indica. You can harvest it as soon as 40 days after flowers first start to develop, but letting it go to 45-53 days and using Overdrive in the last two weeks of bloom phase may give you significant increases in weight and potency. BC Sweet Tooth is a potent body high medical marijuana strain that’ll get rid of pain, muscle spasms and anxiety. On the other hand, it’s likely to lock you to your couch, so don’t smoke this when you have tons of work to do. Check out these sweet marijuana flowers…with hairs that tend to go purple.
• LA Confidential, from DNA Genetics: This increasingly popular up and coming 100% Afghani-Indica is allegedly an OG Kush relative. It tends to go deep purple, really almost black, as it matures, and you can often harvest within 45-59 days after it starts flowering. Try LST or supercropping, as well as a high-ppm premium quality hydroponics nutrients program to prod LA Confidential to give you heavier harvest weight (it’s known for high-potency but relatively low yield).
• Swiss Cheese from Nirvana Seeds: It’s interesting that this fast finisher (40-58 days) has a significant although not predominant Sativa influence. It has a skunk-cheese smell that can be quite intense from the start of bloom phase, so if you’re growing indoors, be sure to have effective hydroponics odor control. Swiss Cheese gives you relatively heavy harvests and a mostly-body high, but it doesn’t knock you out like pure Indica strains do. Thank the Sativa genetics for that.
• Burmese Kush, from TH Seeds: This is among the slowest of the fast marijuana strains I’m listing here, but Burmese Kush gives you very attractive buds coated with resins and a less-sedating high. Keep your grow room at ideal low humidity and don’t overwater, because this strain has a reputation for being susceptible to powdery mildew. You can count on 51-62 days in bloom phase before these dense Kush nugs are ready to harvest. Here is a tip for when you use Burmese Kush: inhale some, and then wait five minutes to see the high fully develop. It comes on slow, and then envelopes you in sweet hydroponics heaven
• AMS, from GreenHouse Seed Company: You can get feminized seeds of this 50-60 day bloom phase mostly-Indica strain for about $30 USD…a super bargain. Many growers work this plant outdoors, so if you grow it indoors, give it a lot of root room and don’t try to force it into SCROG or SOG. If you’re growing for marijuana dispensaries or friends, you’ll find that they love the complex, fruity and tangy aroma and taste of well-cured buds.
In general, no matter what marijuana genetics you grow, you get significantly faster total crop time if you’re starting with clones instead of seeds.
Accelerate formation of early marijuana flowers by starting your bloom phase lighting at 11/13 instead of 12-12. After flowers have established, go to 12-12. Try amping your plants with Bud Ignitor for two weeks beginning with the day you change from 18-hours lights-on day length. You are likely to get earlier flowering if you do.
Check out this article on auto-flowering marijuana that can go from seed to finish in 50-75 days. You might be wondering if auto-flowering marijuana is legit. Two years ago, I told people that hydroponics marijuana seed breeders needed two years to perfect this amazing new kind of marijuana. And now they have.
Please use our comments section to talk about your experiences with the above-mentioned hydroponics marijuana strains, or any other strain you believe gives great yields and potency with less than 60 days in bloom phase. If you don’t live close to a medical marijuana dispensary where they sell these seeds, try an ethical, reliable online seed seller such as seedmadness.com.
Happy fast marijuana growing!