From its initial planning in 1984 through to its conclusion in 2003, a global community of scientists collaborated on the largest undertaking of scientific research in history: The Human Genome Project (HGP). The US National Human Genome Research Institute (NHGRI) compares achieving this feat of mapping the entire human genome to the Apollo moon landing. […]
Belgium’s first cannabis social club was founded in 2006 in Antwerp. Since then, the legal status of these nonprofit, members-only clubs remains unclear. However, with the recent acquittal of a club in Namur, some 50 miles southwest of Brussels, and a possible third acquittal for the oldest club in Antwerp, this could all soon change. […]
Forget chocolate, cheese and Rolexes — there’s a new industry on the rise in the Alps. Switzerland is home to one of Europe’s oldest cannabis fairs. CannaTrade launched in 2001 and this year’s event, held last April, was a memorable one. The three-day festivities took place in Zurich, the nation’s biggest city that’s not only […]
Dutch Passion, the prestigious producer of high-quality cannabis seeds and genetics, is poised to be the first cannabis seed company in the Netherlands to enter into an international partnership with a licensed commercial cannabis producer. MYM Nutraceuticals — who boasts large-scale operations in Australia, Canada and Colombia — has reached an agreement with the Amsterdam-based […]
This is not a heroic tale. It is, however, the semi-delusional story of a dozen people headed up Mount Kilimanjaro — Africa’s highest peak at 19,341 feet — and the one smart guy named Tony who puffed a little cannabis along the way and smoked us all while we vomited, gorged on prescription pills, and […]
Cannabidiol — or CBD, as it’s more commonly known — was only given the green light to be consumed medically in the United Kingdom at the end of July. But one intrepid duo is ahead of the game when it comes to the cannabis industry, opening up the nation’s very first legal CBD shopfront. Shaun […]
When cannabis becomes legal at the federal level in the United States — or at least, ceases to be illegal — it seems clear that many existing corporate giants within politically influential, big-money groups will be ready to pounce to secure their part of this roughly $132 billion industry. One of those influential industries, Big […]
In our previous article about the unwritten cannabis code of ethics, we discussed why you should never cooperate with police in any cannabis-related investigation, only speak to police with your attorney present, and why you should absolutely refuse to become a snitch or nark. So, let’s now shift focus to a set of moral principles […]
- Simply Silica: How Adding Silica To Your Grow Op Will Help You Cultivate Bigger, Better Buds
- La Vita Alta: What’s Happening With The Changing Face Of Cannabis In Italy?
- The Nitty-Gritty Of Why You Should Add Dissolved Oxygen To Water In Hydroponic And Peat-Based Cannabis Growing
- Hard Candy: What’s Happening With Washington’s Impending Ban On Weed-Infused Sweet Treats?
- Bucks Fizz: Marijuana Money Entices Coca-Cola And Pepsi
- Light Club: LED Grow Lights Now Outshining HID Grow Lights For Cannabis Growers
- Colombian Gold: Forget Canada, Could The Next Global Cannabis Leader Be Colombia?
- Get The Sleep Of Your Dreams With These Tried And Tested Nightly Cannabis Routines