In 2015, Colombia legalized medical marijuana — but it’s actually been legal to cultivate up to 20 plants for personal use since Law 30 was enacted in 1986. President Juan Manuel Santos signed the medical marijuana bill into law two years ago, with the Ministry of Health and Social Protection responsible for writing regulations and […]
Spice. Clockwork Orange. Blue Berry Yum-Yum. Mad Hatter Incense. Just a few of the hundreds of beguiling names used to describe to drugs referred to erroneously as “synthetic marijuana.” Containing absolutely no natural marijuana at all, these products are often wrongly associated with pot and produce highs that are nothing like the euphoria found by […]
There are many reports to back up the claims that legalization of cannabis brings new jobs and new tax revenues to the community. However, what about the benefits of legalization to industries that have little to do with marijuana? These industries — including finance, pharmaceutical, manufacturing and tourism — are set to be positively affected […]
Canada is leading the way on cannabis reform as one of the first countries to legalize the plant nationwide. It was one of the main promises Justin Trudeau pledged while on the prime ministerial campaign trail in 2015, and after being elected to office, he wasted no time in fulfilling that promise. Since stepping into […]
Hawaiian authorities dropped the hammer this week on the state’s medical marijuana patients, issuing letters to cardholders in Oahu to surrender their firearms within 30 days. The notice, signed by Honolulu Police Chief Susan Ballard, and posted by Leafly.com, read: “This letter is to inform you that under the provisions of the Hawaii Revised Statutes […]
In the instant accessibility of today’s digital world, privacy is seen as a luxury and a commodity. And no group has voiced concerns over the threat of government monitoring more than the medical marijuana community. Since the inception of legalized medical cannabis in California with the Compassionate Use Act of 1996, or Proposition 215, claims […]
The South American nation of Peru recently legalized medical cannabis, making it the sixth Latin American country to do so. The Congress of the Republic of Peru passed the bill October 20 with an overwhelming majority (68–5; three abstained), although many supporters feared the conservative legislatures would kill the measure. President Pedro Pablo Kuczynski signed […]
There’s been no better time than now to get involved with hemp agribusiness in the United States. According to advocacy group Vote Hemp’s 2017 US Hemp Crop Report, nearly 25,000 acres of hemp have been grown in 19 states this year alone. That’s almost triple the number of what was grown — less than 10,000 […]
- Social Media 101: If You Have A Cannabis Grow Op, Then It’s Time To Get Savvy With Online Marketing
- First Medical Cannabis Cultivation Licenses Awarded In Colombia: But What Does It Mean For Small-Scale Growers?
- Cannabis Gift Guide: The Best Ideas For The Weed Lover In Your Life
- What Does The US Army Have To Do To Ensure Continued Enlistment? Turn A Blind Eye To Marijuana, That’s What
- The History, Grow And Effects Of Heritage Marijuana Strains Power Plant, Hash Plant & Night Queen
- The Real News On Fake Weed: Even The DEA Wants You To Quit calling K2, Spice A Natural Alternative To Marijuana
- If You Work Construction Or In Finance Or Tourism, You Don’t Have To Switch Careers To Enjoy The Canna Boom
- I Live In My Marijuana Grow Room. Here’s Why You Should, Too.