July marks the month to refuse to use plastic and to spread the word of the campaign for a Plastic Free July. Big Buds is highlighting the efforts of one US hemp entrepreneur and his company as it takes on the plastic crisis, one discarded bottle at a time. Eric Pike is the president and […]
Author Archive | Kelly Johnson
Now more than ever, the outlook for cannabis reform in America is moving in favor of adult-use and medical marijuana patients. In spite of heavy opposition from Attorney General Jeff Sessions and Congressional House leadership, the cannabis industry recently won a huge victory when it comes to the protections of state-level legalization of medical marijuana. […]
Every year, there are 6 million people suffering from lack of access to controlled medications, and most of them are pain patients, according to the World Health Organization. The lack of options for such excruciating circumstances means hundreds of thousands of Americans are instead prescribed opiates, even if they don’t want them. It’s created a […]
Those of you who are already familiar with cannabidiol (CBD) know that it’s helpful in reducing anxiety. But did you know it may also help curb addiction relapse? There’s mounting proof of this principle when CBD is tested on animals. Last month alone there were two studies published on drug-addicted animals and the effects of […]
It’s amazing what can happen in just two years. The recent partnership announced between the cannabis app Releaf and the nonprofit Americans for Safe Access (ASA) is proof that patience, and dedication to the consumer, is a virtue in the green space. “Americans for Safe Access has been an important champion for cannabis patients since […]
Now’s a great time to be a cannabis grower in America. We are in an era of legalization, and with prohibition almost completely behind us, American growers with decades of experience are finally getting the legal and financial backing they need with which to operate at full capacity. Indeed, this new environment of support for […]
On January 4, the US legal cannabis industry took a hit — however, it wasn’t the kind of hit we normally enjoy. Rather, it was a blow levied by ultra-conservative US Attorney General Jeff Sessions to a long-standing federal policy called the Cole Memorandum. The end of the Obama-era policy, written in 2013, means federal […]
- Corona Beer Maker Goes In Big On Cannabis, With Another $4 Billion Investment In Canopy Growth
- Keep Cannabis Green: What To Do With Your Weed Wastewater So It Won’t Wound The World
- This Oregon Association Is Empowering Women To Become Successful Ganjapreneurs In Their Own Right
- A Roundhouse Kick To Roundup: Cannabis Community Backs Groundskeeper Who Took On Scotts And Won
- Is Medical Marijuana The Cure Bell’s Palsy Patients Have Been Waiting For?
- As The World Burns: What It’s Like Growing Cannabis During The Climate Crisis
- On The Streets Of Philadelphia, You’ll Be Less Likely To Get Busted For Weed
- Just Say Meh: What Happens When A Grower Goes To Marijuana Anonymous?