Stoner comedian and Last Comic Standing season four finalist Chris Porter is absolutely certain that comedy clubs would gladly sell marijuana if they could. “[Marijuana] makes you thirsty, hungry, and laugh a lot. That’s the perfect comedy club drug. Two-joint minimum and then all of a sudden you’re ordering food. That’s a moneymaker,” declares the […]
Author Archive | Eva Stone
Not only is Don Barris the man behind The Ding Dong Show, the longest-running show at the Comedy Store Monday nights, he closes the Store every night with his spontaneous, outrageous act. Despite this fact, he does not consider what he does onstage as traditional standup comedy. The Saginaw, Michigan native found a patron saint […]
Writer and filmmaker Joselin Linder is solid proof that functioning, professional women smoke marijuana—not just skater girls or chicks without jobs. And Linder has taken her taste for bud one step further as blogger for Celebstoner, penning columns on “How to Get High at the Royal Wedding” as well as her high-larious update of the […]
As the co-creator and performer of The Marijuana-Logues, you can imagine just how much of a pot enthusiast Tony Camin is in life and on stage. “I got hit with a ruler first day of kindergarten—for smoking pot,” Camin once joked during a set, “because if you bring it, you need to bring enough for […]
Some comedians are so charming and disarming that they get away with some of the most shocking material. Rory Scovel considers comedy to be all about the element of surprise, whether he delivers the punch line as himself, as his sassy, lisping Southerner character, or as his macho Southern coach character. “I have the same […]
When it comes to medical marijuana, Ngaio Bealum’s name is right up there with Doug Benson as far as comedians popularly associated with the blessed herb. This Sacramento native has hosted events for High Times and Hempfest, and in the daylight hours, Bealum serves as the editor of the monthly West Coast Cannabis magazine. A […]
If there’s one reason standup comedian and actor Ari Shaffir loves dispensaries—aside from the delicious Medical Marijuana—it’s the incredible sense of community he feels while interacting with the other patients. “I like the people you meet at dispensaries, and how it brings people together. It’s the only time I’ll talk to Black people is in […]
- Is Medical Marijuana The Cure Bell’s Palsy Patients Have Been Waiting For?
- As The World Burns: What It’s Like Growing Cannabis During The Climate Crisis
- On The Streets Of Philadelphia, You’ll Be Less Likely To Get Busted For Weed
- Just Say Meh: What Happens When A Grower Goes To Marijuana Anonymous?
- Beers And Buds: Will Brewers Get The Crossfade Right?
- Fear And Self-Loathing: Growing Cannabis Strains That Have Antidepressant Effects
- Pharmacists Help With Everything, From Viagra To Vicodin. So Why Not Cannabis?
- Rookie Error: The Most Common Harvesting Mistakes And How To Avoid Them